The Student Room Group

Migrant worker status.

Hello. I know that could be quite confuse, but I want to know If the students that have the migrant worker status and maintenance loan, could lose both after brexit. Thank you
Original post by Barretojd
Hello. I know that could be quite confuse, but I want to know If the students that have the migrant worker status and maintenance loan, could lose both after brexit. Thank you

Hi Barret, if you have been awarded funding then this will not be removed. You will continue receiving funding as long as you meet the Migrant Worker criteria. If you leave your job or your hours/salary change then this could affect your eligibility to receive the Migrant Worker funding.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Barret, if you have been awarded funding then this will not be removed. You will continue receiving funding as long as you meet the Migrant Worker criteria. If you leave your job or your hours/salary change then this could affect your eligibility to receive the Migrant Worker funding.
Thanks, Isaac.

Thank you! Last question. I have been working some extra shifts in my job because I support myself. If I reduce the hours what could be affected, the amount of loan for the maintenance or my migrant status?
Original post by Barretojd
Thank you! Last question. I have been working some extra shifts in my job because I support myself. If I reduce the hours what could be affected, the amount of loan for the maintenance or my migrant status?

If you reduce your hours and the assessors deem the hours to be too low then you may be ineligible to apply as a Migrant Worker. There is not a set number of hours. An assessor will review your new contract which shows the hours you are working and then they will make a decision.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending