The Student Room Group

What differentiates a girl from being just sex and girlfriend material?

I have a friend who’s slept with very beautiful girls- and I’ve met a few and they’ve genuinely been so lovely and most of them are very respectable however my friend has only ever wanted to be casual’ with them. However the actually girlfriends’ he’s had where he’s been official’ with them have been pretty but not to the extent the girls he’s just been casual with. I don’t get it. I don’t want to ask him myself because I fancy him lol. I’ve seen the same pattern in other guys too who sleep with beautiful people and then ‘downgrade‘ ( not a nice term but kind of true)! for Their actual girlfriends. Why is this?
Original post by Anonymous
I have a friend who’s slept with very beautiful girls- and I’ve met a few and they’ve genuinely been so lovely and most of them are very respectable however my friend has only ever wanted to be casual’ with them. However the actually girlfriends’ he’s had where he’s been official’ with them have been pretty but not to the extent the girls he’s just been casual with. I don’t get it. I don’t want to ask him myself because I fancy him lol. I’ve seen the same pattern in other guys too who sleep with beautiful people and then ‘downgrade‘ ( not a nice term but kind of true)! for Their actual girlfriends. Why is this?

Simple. Its not about just looks when looking for someone you want to be long term with. Of course physical attraction is important but there are much more deeper levels that need to be satisfied e.g. ambitions/career/ability to make their significant other better and vice versa etc.

A lot of girls who are "stunning" usually have nothing else to bring to the table apart from their looks and are usually overly obsessed about how they look on a constant basis (e.g. insta photos etc. The whole lot).

I went on a date with a model once and all she was bothered about was taking selfies everywhere we went so she could post them on her socials etc. It was a complete turn off and I didn't give two ****s how beautiful she was.
Stop spouting that nonsense that pretty girls are obsessed with their looks and have nothing else going for them, they’re human too. Grow up

Right so you went anonymous just to throw an insult and you're telling me to grow up? :lol:

Please just go away.
Respect that she's more than her body and Personality compatibility

Looks draw men in. Personality and interests keep them there.
No matter how good looking a girl is you will get tired of them unless you like them for things other than s*x
Well, first off, when it's purely casual, guys don't tend to have much in the way of standards. As long as she's vaguely good looking, she'd probably get the D.

What differentiates a girlfriend material girl from a causal hookup girl, at least in my eyes, is simply the chemistry. The personality, how well you get along with each other, how much you like being around each other, how much they accept you for who you are.

I mean, I'm talking to a girl now (it's not official official yet, but I'd say there's a damn good chance of something coming out of it), is she the best looking girl I've seen? I won't lie, I have seen more visually appealing women (though to me, she's by no means bad-looking), but the chemistry is there, we like each other for who we are and we get along really well. I mean, on our first date all we pretty much did was walk around the nearby city, but it was quite easily the best date either of us has had purely because we were with each other. Looks fade over time while personality is who you are on the inside.

You also need to consider that people's idea of beauty is purely subjective. Someone who you might consider a 9/10 might only be a 6 for someone else. Some people think girls who try to make themselves look like Kylie Jenner are hot af. I think they're bland, unoriginal and not very attractive at all.
Original post by trapking
Right so you went anonymous just to throw an insult and you're telling me to grow up? :lol:

Please just go away.

It’s not an insult?

Stop saying all pretty girls only have that to offer that’s all I’m saying. It’s false and not fair.
It’s not an insult?

Stop saying all pretty girls only have that to offer that’s all I’m saying. It’s false and not fair.

But he didn't say all. He said a lot.

It's obvious his comments were based on his personal anecdotal experience and observations. You don't know who he has met.

I'm quite willing to go along with his statement that a lot of highly beautiful women in his life have had major character flaws.

There are women that are very beautiful that have good enough personalities.

For the OP. The thing with looks is that a person just has to be good enough looking to be enough of a turn on for their partner to want to have sex with them. Once they meet that minimum standard, other factors kick in as to whether they are worth spending a lot of time with and falling in love with. Factors like compatability in a few key areas.
Prince Charles went with Camilla when he had Di at home because of sexual compatability - reportedly. Which seems like an entirely sensible reason to me.

BTW, I wouldn't have any problem with a woman that had a passion for posting a lot of instagram photos of themselves. It's their passion, Their career. There's a lot to be said for being dedicated to your career.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
But he didn't say all. He said a lot.

It's obvious his comments were based on his personal anecdotal experience and observations. You don't know who he has met.

I'm quite willing to go along with his statement that a lot of highly beautiful women in his life have had major character flaws.

There are women that are very beautiful that have good enough personalities.

For the OP. The thing with looks is that a person just has to be good enough looking to be enough of a turn on for their partner to want to have sex with them. Once they meet that minimum standard, other factors kick in as to whether they are worth spending a lot of time with and falling in love with. Factors like compatability in a few key areas.
Prince Charles went with Camilla when he had Di at home because of sexual compatability - reportedly. Which seems like an entirely sensible reason to me.

BTW, I wouldn't have any problem with a woman that had a passion for posting a lot of instagram photos of themselves. It's their passion, Their career. There's a lot to be said for being dedicated to your career.

“There are beautiful women with good enough personalities’

You’re just as bad. How about there are women amazingly beautiful and wonderful people on the inside too? Because there are many on this planet but they get witch hunted or automatically judged for being pretty.

Enough with your sweeping generalisations about women who happen to be beautiful/attractive/pretty.

You’re just as bad. How about there are women amazingly beautiful and wonderful people on the inside too? Because there are many on this planet but they get witch hunted or automatically judged for being pretty.

Enough with your sweeping generalisations about women who happen to be beautiful/attractive/pretty.

You're clearly insecure and it touched a nerve.

No one cares about your petty insults, stop bothering other users on here.
(edited 4 years ago)
You're clearly insecure and it touched a nerve.

No one cares about your petty insults, stop bothering other users on here.

Not at all, I have as much right to express an opinion as you do. Also, please remember even if it’s your personal experience to not generalise women based on their beauty and looks.
Not at all, I have as much right to express an opinion as you do. Also, please remember even if it’s your personal experience to not generalise women based on their beauty and looks.

That doesn't mean you have to attack people when you disagree with their opinions.

No one said all like Kruger rightly pointed out, of course they are women who are pretty and have good personalities. No one said all pretty women suck. Anyway move along, its Sunday go nap or something.
That doesn't mean you have to attack people when you disagree with their opinions.

No one said all like Kruger rightly pointed out, of course they are women who are pretty and have good personalities. No one said all pretty women suck. Anyway move along, its Sunday go nap or something.

I said grow up. That is all. Literally that is all.

Now go back, read the thread and look at how you have spoken to me, telling me to go away and go nap and accusing me of bothering people and all sorts.

I think the one who’s nerves have been touched is yours :wink:

It is clear to see, you have been attacking me for having a different opinion to yours. You are a bully. But you don’t intimidate me ha ha
It is clear to see, you have been attacking me for having a different opinion to yours. You are a bully. But you don’t intimidate me ha ha

Oh really :lol: why are you hiding then? :biggrin:

Tbh I don't really care, I really don't. Enjoy your weekend :tongue:
Oh really :lol: why are you hiding then? :biggrin:

Tbh I don't really care, I really don't. Enjoy your weekend :tongue:

Just responding 😊

You too!

A woman that is wonderful on the inside would have a good enough personality.
You could draw a Venn diagram of it. All the women that are wonderful on the inside would be in a circle in the Venn diagram that was completely inside the good enough personality oval.

And nobody is perfect. When it comes to romantic relationships, a "good enough personality" is good enough.
You were being somewhat pedantic when you picked me up on my "good enough" comment.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
A woman that is wonderful on the inside would have a good enough personality.
You could draw a Venn diagram of it. All the women that are wonderful on the inside would be in a circle in the Venn diagram that was completely inside the good enough personality oval.

And nobody is perfect. When it comes to romantic relationships, a "good enough personality" is good enough.
You were being somewhat pedantic when you picked me up on my "good enough" comment.

Thank you very much for your venn diagram analysis of women who with good enough personalities, immensely reassured.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending