Hi I need help studying Watch

thisgirlagainugh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m a bit confused about how to study I’m not very got at just settling down and studying. How do you guys study. With music? Saying it out loud?

Oluwadamilooolaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thisgirlagainugh)
I’m a bit confused about how to study I’m not very got at just settling down and studying. How do you guys study. With music? Saying it out loud?
When I make revision resources (flashcards and notes), I usually have YouTube videos playing in the background and when it comes to genuinely learning the content, I usually say it out loud and then I pretend to teach a class (weird I know) and then I explain it to other people who are unaware of the topic.
And after I know the content itself, I start on topics tests. Hope I helped .
fitzy04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, so I am also confused with revising and stuff but I find that revising with music distracts me, however I know some people that revise with music when studying a certain topic and when they hear that song they think of the topic. Also, I would go on seneca if you don't want hardcore revision. Do loads of practice papers and mark them. My teachers are also obsessed with Cornell note taking which I was very against at first but now I have tried it and it is actually quite helpful.
thisgirlagainugh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sumayyah.Akhtar)
When I make revision resources (flashcards and notes), I usually have YouTube videos playing in the background and when it comes to genuinely learning the content, I usually say it out loud and then I pretend to teach a class (weird I know) and then I explain it to other people who are unaware of the topic.
Thanks I’ll try and see if it works for me 🙂
thisgirlagainugh
Rep:
?
(Original post by fitzy04)
Hi, so I am also confused with revising and stuff but I find that revising with music distracts me, however I know some people that revise with music when studying a certain topic and when they hear that song they think of the topic. Also, I would go on seneca if you don't want hardcore revision. Do loads of practice papers and mark them. My teachers are also obsessed with Cornell note taking which I was very against at first but now I have tried it and it is actually quite helpful.
Thanks for the suggestion 🙂
P.V.28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Use Maths Genie and do practice papers for Maths and also take notes from FREESCIENCELESSONS for Science.
999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Oluwadamilooolaa)
Teaching what you've learnt to someone else helps rehearsal l, so less likely to forget.

do 20 mins session and between every session have a 5 min break.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi there thisgirlagainugh

I found I could revise easier once I discovered what type of learner I was after taking a VARK questionnaire. I could then use techniques that helped me revise effectively.

It's also important to remember not to over do the revision sessions. Keep them to 40mins then take 20 mins off.

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (2)
66.67%
No (1)
33.33%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise