Dec.h12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Right I’m looking to sell my car but struggling at the moment, my insurance is due to end 12th of March and my final payment for that is 12 of February. What I want to know is if I pay my final payment and then sell my car will I still get my no claims bonus? My next car is already lined up but I don’t want to pay for the next MOT and TAX because it ends before my insurance.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dec.h12)
Right I’m looking to sell my car but struggling at the moment, my insurance is due to end 12th of March and my final payment for that is 12 of February. What I want to know is if I pay my final payment and then sell my car will I still get my no claims bonus? My next car is already lined up but I don’t want to pay for the next MOT and TAX because it ends before my insurance.
Wait until the end of your policy to sell the car.
Dec.h12
Rep:
?
Yeah thought as such haha cheers
adam271
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also Jan/Feb is really not a great time to sell a car.
Dec.h12
Rep:
?
I didn’t know that
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn’t know that
Yeah it's not ideal. Cold, miserable, not a lot of daylight to actually go looking in. Most folk did their big ticket shopping in Nov/Dec and are a bit cautious Jan/Feb, if they're shopping they're prob bargain hunting.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah it's not ideal. Cold, miserable, not a lot of daylight to actually go looking in. Most folk did their big ticket shopping in Nov/Dec and are a bit cautious Jan/Feb, if they're shopping they're prob bargain hunting.
It's also because the used car market gets flooded just before the new plates come out.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also you get your tax refunded. It is actually very quick. And selling a car with new mot is better.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's also because the used car market gets flooded just before the new plates come out.
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Also you get your tax refunded. It is actually very quick. And selling a car with new mot is better.
Also true, the tax refunds are simple enough, and as much as an MOT is £50 + any work for you, NOT having one knocks hundreds if not thousands off the value to me as a buyer. If the market is glutted like Tom says then no/low MOT cars kind of slump to the bottom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads