The Student Room Group

Drugs offered to transgender children need to be used more cautiously

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
Ha that'll be the day. This user is one of more odious extremists i've come across on here whose first and only recourse is to immediately call everyone racists, homophobes, bigots, transphobes blah blah blah - amusingly enough betraying their supreme ignorance of what each one of those words means :lol:

I tried, I'm already a transphobic bigot according to them.
Original post by Glaz

Using myself as an example:
Knew I was trans since before I was five years old. Long hair, painted nails, fairly androgynous clothes, don't use male bathrooms, shave as regularly as possible, stuff like that.

tbh that's the problem we need to be ending these gender stereotypes I am wondering if transgenderism would even exist if it wasn't for the "male" and "female" stereotypes: "girls like barbie dolls, pink, make-up, long nails" etc "only boys can be into video games, blue, cars, dinosaurs" etc sorry for the sensitive reply and ignorant comment. We need to put these stereotypes to bed and you don't need to be the opposite sex to enjoy "things meant for the opposite sex" IMO, I don't need to be a boy in order to enjoy video games, hate clothes shopping, be into cars as well as barbie dolls, prefer science as opposed to reading, hate make-up etc.

We need to educate young people and make them proud of who they are. If you're a girl who's into science, heavy metal music etc then you do you. If you're a boy who likes to hang with girls and do more "feminine" things then again you do you, you don't necessarily need to change your entire sexuality to be able to do those things. We need to tackle the issue of bullying in schools, be more open about these gender stereotype issues etc but yeah I guess
Original post by Miss Maddie
My view has always been to let children be children, let them live their childhood and let them develop naturally. Children should not be allowed to take any steps to change their gender and these drugs to delay puberty or change hormones to help with changing one's gender should be banned for all under 25s. I choose 25 as the point where the mind has fully developed

somewhat agree tbh I am sick and tired of these gender stereotypes however I disagree with the fact they shouldn't be allowed to delay puberty (especially for a woman wanting to become a man cough cough period starts if they don't delay) and 25 years old is pushing it I would say that after 16-18 years old you should be able to transition.
Original post by 1st superstar
tbh that's the problem we need to be ending these gender stereotypes I am wondering if transgenderism would even exist if it wasn't for the "male" and "female" stereotypes: "girls like barbie dolls, pink, make-up, long nails" etc "only boys can be into video games, blue, cars, dinosaurs" etc sorry for the sensitive reply and ignorant comment. We need to put these stereotypes to bed and you don't need to be the opposite sex to enjoy "things meant for the opposite sex" IMO, I don't need to be a boy in order to enjoy video games, hate clothes shopping, be into cars as well as barbie dolls, prefer science as opposed to reading, hate make-up etc.

We need to educate young people and make them proud of who they are. If you're a girl who's into science, heavy metal music etc then you do you. If you're a boy who likes to hang with girls and do more "feminine" things then again you do you, you don't necessarily need to change your entire sexuality to be able to do those things. We need to tackle the issue of bullying in schools, be more open about these gender stereotype issues etc but yeah I guess

ah the whole 'genderfree' nonsense that conflates gender expression, stereotypes and the like wit hthe durable biological fact that is gender identity
Original post by InArduisFouette
ah the whole 'genderfree' nonsense that conflates gender expression, stereotypes and the like wit hthe durable biological fact that is gender identity

So is gender identity a biological construct, but gender norms + stereotypes a societal one?
Original post by 1st superstar

Obviously, I was just giving an example of the stereotypes.
I also play video games, am into rock music, swear a lot, etc, things that are stereotypically boyish things
what happens if they reach adulthood and change their minds? then what then?
I 've got a better idea we follow the decades of clinicla evidence and bascis ciences sciences that says affirming care is the only effective treatment for being trans and that it is 99.7 % successful

You so sure about that. The transgender suicide rate is very high even post operation. and you want to do this to children with no idea what's it going to do in the long term. Nope theres a red line and that's crossing it
Original post by Kaffee_1998
You so sure about that. The transgender suicide rate is very high even post operation. and you want to do this to children with no idea what's it going to do in the long term. Nope theres a red line and that's crossing it

Reference posts 5 and 14 if you want to go down the "children who don't know" route

But it is reduced thanks to transitioning.

try not misquoting Dhjene as is the usual line of the trans antagonists with regard to suicide

how long term experience do you need ?

GnRH analogues have been used for puberty suppression in Central Precocious puberty for around 40 years , they have been used in transgender YP for around 30 years

- there is no scandal over their use in CPP
- there is no epidemic of being trans in those who recieved them for CPP ( as the concenr trolls like to make an false correlation with treatment with GnRH and going on to medicla and surgicla transition - when in fact these figures show a drastic UNDERprescription of GnRH analogues in questioning youth )
- there is NO association with Cancer and GnRH analogues ( other than they are used to treat or palliate some cancerns which are senstive to sex hormones )
(edited 4 years ago)
try not misquoting Dhjene as is the usual line of the trans antagonists with regard to suicide

GnRH analogues have been used for puberty suppression in Central Precocious puberty for around 40 years , they have been used in transgender YP for around 30 years

- there is no epidemic of being trans in those who recieved them for CPP ( as the concenr trolls like to make an false correlation with treatment with GnRH and going on to medicla and surgicla transition - when in fact these figures show a drastic UNDERprescription of GnRH analogues in questioning youth )
- there is NO association with Cancer and GnRH analogues ( other than they are used to treat or palliate some cancerns which are senstive to sex hormones )

So out of curiosity do you you think it's a good idea then to push children into transgender therapy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Glaz
Reference posts 5 and 14 if you want to go down the "children who don't know" route

The only route I'll go down is that people who think that thi wont cause issues later on and this is wholly across the board a good thing are mad
Original post by Ragman75
by maybe 20% its still 19X higer the average

Better than doing nothing at all.
Original post by DiddyDec
Better than doing nothing at all.

Yeah but dont lie and act like this treatment is effective or good, you are basically arguing in favour of GD equivalent of an iron lung. And saying "we shouldn't look at other methods of treatment(therapy maybe) lets just make the iron lung smaller and more manoeuvrable(make transitioning easier)"
Yeah but dont lie and act like this treatment is effective or good, you are basically arguing in favour of GD equivalent of an iron lung. And saying "we shouldn't look at other methods of treatment(therapy maybe) lets just make the iron lung smaller and more manoeuvrable(make transitioning easier)"

This treatment is the most effective treatment we currently have at our disposal.

Of course we should look at the effectiveness of other methods, medicine is built on the principle of developing treatments to ensure we have the most effective treatments. Please quote where I said not to look for better methods, I can wait.

so many lies here

- kids with CCP are not normal kids, you cant use data from treatment of sick people to claim a drug is safe for healthy. That would be like me saying an eppipen is safe everyone to use whenever because there are some people that use them to treat anaphalaxis shock.
- You have no long term data on healthy people who have used hormone blockers in puberty
- You dont know if there growth plates fuse properly, you dont know if they permanently have lower levels of certain hormones, you don't know if there ligaments form properly, you dont know they loose a significant amount of height, you dont know if they wont have problems with sexual function 10 years down the line.
- There is an epidemic of being trans https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/rabble-rouser/201903/rapid-onset-gender-dysphoria
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/employees-quit-nhs-transgender-clinic-over-kids-experimental-treatments/
- Low testosterone in males causes cancer https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20071127/low-testosterone-early-death#1
- low oestrogen in women causes suicide https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202501/
This treatment is the most effective treatment we currently have at our disposal.

Of course we should look at the effectiveness of other methods, medicine is built on the principle of developing treatments to ensure we have the most effective treatments. Please quote where I said not to look for better methods, I can wait.

Its also not the most effective treatment therapy seems to be agood avenue since, 75-90% of people who don't transition at all do not identify as trans and dont experience GD
Its also not the most effective treatment therapy seems to be agood avenue since, 75-90% of people who don't transition at all do not identify as trans and dont experience GD

What are you trying to say here?

I'm still waiting for that quote about me not wanting to look for alternatives, could you not find it?
What are you trying to say here?

I'm still waiting for that quote about me not wanting to look for alternatives, could you not find it?

You obviously dont, you argued with me for a day trying to prove its effective which infers you believe that this avenue is the only one we should be looking at.

Also science does build on itself but when treating illness you dont only look at one form of treatment, going back to my previous example we didn't build better iron lungs we made a vaccine for polio. GD is obviously a similar situation, no point acting like transitioning is good or arguing for it to me bade easier(iron lung), we should be arguing for better therapy(vaccine).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending