The Student Room Group

Gcses and medicine - pleasee help urgent

Hey guys I have received a 5 in french ( I know this is their minimum requirement so would that put me at a disadvantage and has anyone got an interview with a 5), and 5 in history ( I am currently doing history for a level)

These are not all my GCSEs, I put those down as i am planning to retake one of those what one should I retake french or history

I don’t want to be at a disadvantage due to my french grade as I want to apply To UCL
Also I take history for a level hence I’m worried that my 5 could put my predicted grade down
What would you recommend which one should I retake
I need to choose by tomorrow so please could someone give me advice
I can’t resist both as it’s expensive
Reply 1
Original post by ISHxxxx
Hey guys I have received a 5 in french ( I know this is their minimum requirement so would that put me at a disadvantage and has anyone got an interview with a 5), and 5 in history ( I am currently doing history for a level)

These are not all my GCSEs, I put those down as i am planning to retake one of those what one should I retake french or history

I don’t want to be at a disadvantage due to my french grade as I want to apply To UCL
Also I take history for a level hence I’m worried that my 5 could put my predicted grade down

this doesnt put you at a disadvantage whatsoever. You don't even need to retake them. I got a C in Spanish and am currently at Imperial. The subjects youre talking about have nothing to do with the career you want to pursue...
Reply 2
Original post by tdag
this doesnt put you at a disadvantage whatsoever. You don't even need to retake them. I got a C in Spanish and am currently at Imperial. The subjects youre talking about have nothing to do with the career you want to pursue...

Did you by any chance apply to UCL
Reply 3
Original post by ISHxxxx
Did you by any chance apply to UCL

no but i have a friend who GOES to UCL for computer science and he also got a C in French. What matters most is your ALevel results and your personal statement.
Reply 4
Hey sorry one more thing
Would I be at a disadvantage against someone who received a grade higher than 5 even though we both met the minimum entry requirement for french at UCL
Reply 5
Original post by ISHxxxx

Have you checked the UCL website? They are very clear that 5 in a modern language is enough
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/medicine-mbbs-bsc
Reply 6
Original post by ISHxxxx
Hey sorry one more thing
Would I be at a disadvantage against someone who received a grade higher than 5 even though we both met the minimum entry requirement for french at UCL

No. UCL do not select using GCSEs, you just need to meet minimum requirements
Reply 7
Original post by GANFYD
No. UCL do not select using GCSEs, you just need to meet minimum requirements

Hey how do they select for interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending