Geography or Modern Studies For Vet Med/Science Watch

LimeElephant
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, We are choosing our National 5 subjects soon and I dont know which one to choose out of geography or modern studies. I want to do either Vet medicine or another Science degree like biochemistry or astrophysics. I know Im going to choose Biology, Chemistry and Physics so I have one more space but I like Geography and Modern studies and cant choose. Which one do you think will be more beneficial?

Thanks 🙂
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LimeElephant)
Hi, We are choosing our National 5 subjects soon and I dont know which one to choose out of geography or modern studies. I want to do either Vet medicine or another Science degree like biochemistry or astrophysics. I know Im going to choose Biology, Chemistry and Physics so I have one more space but I like Geography and Modern studies and cant choose. Which one do you think will be more beneficial?

Thanks 🙂
Either would be totally fine for vet med (or another science degree), as you've got the required subjects already covered Both have units where the teacher picks one of a selection of topics for you to study, so it might be worth speaking to both the geography & modern studies teachers about what ones they anticipate you'll be studying, as it might highlight to you any particular topics you'd enjoy. Is there one that you are better at or do you tend to perform well in both?
LimeElephant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Either would be totally fine for vet med (or another science degree), as you've got the required subjects already covered Both have units where the teacher picks one of a selection of topics for you to study, so it might be worth speaking to both the geography & modern studies teachers about what ones they anticipate you'll be studying, as it might highlight to you any particular topics you'd enjoy. Is there one that you are better at or do you tend to perform well in both?
Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful 🙂. I get good results in both so its going to be a hard decisision.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Neither would be more beneficial than the other as both are perfectly acceptable. Go with the one that you are interested in more and would enjoy.
LimeElephant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
Neither would be more beneficial than the other as both are perfectly acceptable. Go with the one that you are interested in more and would enjoy.
Thank you, I think I will go for geography then 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (350)
66.67%
No (175)
33.33%

Watched Threads