The Student Room Group

How do I gain confidence in French speaking exams?

I've really struggled with all of my French speaking mocks, I've had a panic attack and cried in 2/3 of them and most of the time I get really flustered in lessons when I don't understand something. It's not that im bad at French the speaking just drops my overall grade so much. Any help? thanks
for speaking relax and try no to overthink :smile:
practice makes perfect
like practice with people you feel comfortable with, view speaking tests as just conversations with your friends
ask for help when you need it :heart:
Reply 2
Original post by stereotypeasian
for speaking relax and try no to overthink :smile:
practice makes perfect
like practice with people you feel comfortable with, view speaking tests as just conversations with your friends
ask for help when you need it :heart:

thanks, I just struggle with overthinking :s-smilie: my French teacher stopped the recording and found a plant in cupboard and gave it to me! I just have to stop being such a wimp
Original post by abb1e007
thanks, I just struggle with overthinking :s-smilie: my French teacher stopped the recording and found a plant in cupboard and gave it to me! I just have to stop being such a wimp

you are not a wimp, it took me a least a decade for me to get as confident as I am now, even now I still struggle with keeping my self esteem high :smile:
oooohhh...what kind of plant ??
Reply 4
Original post by stereotypeasian
you are not a wimp, it took me a least a decade for me to get as confident as I am now, even now I still struggle with keeping my self esteem high :smile:
oooohhh...what kind of plant ??

We were in one of the school meeting rooms so it was a random fake aloe vera plant :"") It was the most stupidest thing though, the role-play was about weddings and future plans and the question was about presents and I understood it. But for some reason my eyes teared up and I couldn't focus , all I had to say was something simple like I love receiving presents because they make me happy. But nooo my brain didn't like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending