The Student Room Group

Environmental engineering after mech eng or civil eng

Hi guys, i am stuck in choosing which engineering course to do at university and i really need your help in this. i know that i want to work as an environmental engineer so i wanted to ask you guys that is it better to do environmental eng after BEng in mech engineering or Civil engineering? my idea was to do mechanical eng and then a MSc in environmental eng because i do want to have a broad subject as mech as it accumulates a wide range of engineering sub-disciplines. so whats your thoughts on this guys? your opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by student1078
Hi guys, i am stuck in choosing which engineering course to do at university and i really need your help in this. i know that i want to work as an environmental engineer so i wanted to ask you guys that is it better to do environmental eng after BEng in mech engineering or Civil engineering? my idea was to do mechanical eng and then a MSc in environmental eng because i do want to have a broad subject as mech as it accumulates a wide range of engineering sub-disciplines. so whats your thoughts on this guys? your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

BEng in Mech Eng would be a good choice although I think Swansea University have a BEng in Environmental Engineering last time I checked so you could look into that also.

Generally speaking Mechanical or Chemical would be better choices for Environmental Engineering. Civil will be too building/structures based.

Quick Reply

Latest