Getting a flu/cold after intense workout? Watch

san.shape
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, since some time I've realized that after a more intense workout I always feel more weak/get cold or like recently a really bad flu.

I've been reading some articles about it and it's been said it might be because of a weak immune system. It's annoying as I can't focus on any progress as I keep getting ill.

Have any of you guys experienced something similar? Please let me know if you did, and what helped you! :-)
Minxel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've actually found that too and when I was losing weight it happened several times. I just thought it was because of my muscles aching from working out and it simply made me feel like I had a cold. Its interesting that someone else has experienced that.
I usually shower after working out (obviously haha) and then kept myself warm (I always got chilly after workouts) and had something nutritious after exercising. Like fruits and proteins and stuff. Then always made sure I slept really well.
Sometimes it worked but other times it didn't. I'm in no way an expert on it and I probabaly should have read up on it a lot more but I just wanted to comment because I went through the same thing too
san.shape
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Minxel)
I've actually found that too and when I was losing weight it happened several times. I just thought it was because of my muscles aching from working out and it simply made me feel like I had a cold. Its interesting that someone else has experienced that.
I usually shower after working out (obviously haha) and then kept myself warm (I always got chilly after workouts) and had something nutritious after exercising. Like fruits and proteins and stuff. Then always made sure I slept really well.
Sometimes it worked but other times it didn't. I'm in no way an expert on it and I probabaly should have read up on it a lot more but I just wanted to comment because I went through the same thing too
Thanks for your answer!

The symptoms I had or usually having are more severe than just feeling sore after workout or cold. Few weeks ago after an intense workout I got so ill that
I ended up with 40 degrees fever for a week and it's not the first time it happened : (

So I'm glad at least you're having milder symptoms!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads