The Student Room Group
It depends. The first thing you should do is check your 6th form's requirements for chemistry. I know my school required a 6 in maths for any science, so you might not even be allowed to take chemistry next year.

The second question is which parts of maths do you struggle with? If you have bad grades because you struggle with geometry or mechanics or statistics you should be fine. If you struggle with things like algebra, you would probably struggle with chemistry.
Original post by Knortfoxx
It depends. The first thing you should do is check your 6th form's requirements for chemistry. I know my school required a 6 in maths for any science, so you might not even be allowed to take chemistry next year.

The second question is which parts of maths do you struggle with? If you have bad grades because you struggle with geometry or mechanics or statistics you should be fine. If you struggle with things like algebra, you would probably struggle with chemistry.

The 6th form I am going to prefers to have a 6. The uni I want to go to wants at least a 4 in maths. Surely if I get high grades at GCSE 6/7/8 the 6th form are going to take me.
Same my sixth form has same entry requirements but I wanna know what if I can’t get a grade 6 in math will I still be able to do chemistry and biology A level in sixth form
Original post by Alllyai12
Same my sixth form has same entry requirements but I wanna know what if I can’t get a grade 6 in math will I still be able to do chemistry and biology A level in sixth form

This discussion is 3 years old, my advice to a new TSR user would be don't tag on to old dead discussions, start a new one with your question.
In answer, nobody can tell you what results your school or college will accept, only they can. Maths skills and confidence is important in every science. A 6 or better at GCSE is a very common requirement to be allowed to study A level chemistry. Maths GCSE results correlate very well with the ability to cope with and succeed (or otherwise) in A level chemistry.

Latest