The Student Room Group

Is an EPQ helpful for a science degree?

I would like to apply for a natural sciences degree at Cambridge, and am planning to take physics, chemistry and maths A levels. I have one enrichment subject to choose for Year 12 and I’m stuck between doing an EPQ and Quizzical Thinking - I’m interested in doing a science-related EPQ but I’ve been told that Quizzical Thinking will be more beneficial in applying for a science degree. Does anyone have any advice?
quizzical thinking may be more appropriate as ur leading towards a STEM degree, but an epq will prepare you for uni life as the work at uni is similar to an epq, can u do one for y12 and one in y13, what matters is that u get the grades, epqs are highly respected but requires a lot of effort, ur choice anyways
If you're wondering what universities tend to make of the EPQ, have a read of this:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6158332

My advice would be do something that's most likely to benefit your other subjects more. Cambridge aren't going to be too perturbed which of these options you pick, but which one is most likely to boost your A Level grades more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending