This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
M580 – Motion on CANZUK,Quirky Editor MP
This House calls upon the Government to work towards seeking closer integration with Canada, New Zealand, and Australia which would include free trade and movement deals.

Notes
Spoiler:
Show

These countries share a lot in common including the same language, common law legal system, similar GDP's per capita, and the same head of state. Therefore in a post Brexit world they are natural trade partners.

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Something original would be nice
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'll PM you. I have a couple o ideas for a bill that probably haven't been done before.
Cabin19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I lived in Australia, Sydney last year as part of my study abroad and would love for this motion to pass. As currently it's rather difficult to obtain a visa to live or work in Australia closing the opportunity for many citizens to take the plunge for a different life downunder.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It it means we have to support Australia's insane and destructive environmental policies, no.

Otherwise it's nice to see the return of this motion.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
It it means we have to support Australia's insane and destructive environmental policies, no.

Otherwise it's nice to see the return of this motion.
You mean one of the few countries that is actually realistic over the "climate emergency"?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
You mean one of the few countries that is actually realistic over the "climate emergency"?
I mean Australia, which I typed correctly the first time.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean Australia, which I typed correctly the first time.
One of the few countries that accepts that no matter what they do China, India, Pakistan, Brazil, basically all of Africa, the rest of SE Asia, etc will more than out weight anything they do, even if you're mornonic enough to believe the word of people that make astrologers look good
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
One of the few countries that accepts that no matter what they do China, India, Pakistan, Brazil, basically all of Africa, the rest of SE Asia, etc will more than out weight anything they do, even if you're mornonic enough to believe the word of people that make astrologers look good
And simultaneously a country that regularly experiences extreme weather and suffers from it. I don't regard blaming other countries and doing nothing to be a healthy environmental policy. You're more than welcome to hold a different view but that's not what this thread is really about.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Bit of a pointless motion but I do support it nonetheless.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hear hear - Aye.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aye. Definitely.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Erm, no issues with free movement with CANZ any more than I have issues with it within Europe, but I'm concerned about the impact on certain sectors (e.g. agriculture) of very different economies getting unfettered access to the UK market.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I swear we've seen this before.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I swear we've seen this before.
Correct

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=82102118
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This motion is pre Brexit.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
This motion is pre Brexit.
I'm aware. You seem to have invented a point that I haven't made and are trying to argue against it.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm aware. You seem to have invented a point that I haven't made and are trying to argue against it.
Apologies if the quote seemed hostile. This wasn't directed against you personally.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My motion also includes free trade.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I of course support this motion which champions closer ties with our Anglo brothers and sisters.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (199)
67.46%
No (96)
32.54%

Watched Threads