This discussion is closed.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I support this in theory, but my support for the products of this motion of course would depend on the precise nature of those arrangements.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mr Speaker, i will be abstaining when this motion enters division.

The motion is undeveloped and were it a bill, i would vote against it for that reason however i do support the principal of greater trade and military ties to those nations in addition to preferential labour.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
K.

Spoiler:
Show
Yep there's my addition to this you're welcome
5ATB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm always up for more international integration. This has my support.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
And simultaneously a country that regularly experiences extreme weather and suffers from it. I don't regard blaming other countries and doing nothing to be a healthy environmental policy. You're more than welcome to hold a different view but that's not what this thread is really about.
Countries facing extreme weather? Well the list already provided is incomplete if we're throwing that in.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Countries facing extreme weather? Well the list already provided is incomplete if we're throwing that in.
No, you misread.

And simultaneously a country that regularly experiences extreme weather and suffers from it. I don't regard blaming other countries and doing nothing to be a healthy environmental policy. You're more than welcome to hold a different view but that's not what this thread is really about.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, you misread.
I did not misread at all. Countries that also face "extreme weather" regularly include the list of countries in the previous statement, China, India, most of Africa, basically all of SE Asia, Brazil, plus others like Japan, Russia, the entirety of Central and North America, etc
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did not misread at all. Countries that also face "extreme weather" regularly include the list of countries in the previous statement, China, India, most of Africa, basically all of SE Asia, Brazil, plus others like Japan, Russia, the entirety of Central and North America, etc
I didn't say countries. I said a country.
ABCBAA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What does this argument have to do with CANZUK? This debate is getting as rowdy as the House of Commons... Good job on the realism!
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ABCBAA)
What does this argument have to do with CANZUK? This debate is getting as rowdy as the House of Commons... Good job on the realism!
Not much.
Welcome You interested in politics at all?:holmes:
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well we're not called the Model House of Commons for nothing
ABCBAA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not much.
Welcome You interested in politics at all?
I'm quite interested in it; I'm a bit of a political nomad now though - I simply cannot support any party given how they fared in the GE. Politics has become so divisive, I think we need unity more than ever.

(That's all wishful thinking though; in reality, that'll never happen )
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm quite interested in it; I'm a bit of a political nomad now though - I simply cannot support any party given how they fared in the GE. Politics has become so divisive, I think we need unity more than ever.

(That's all wishful thinking though; in reality, that'll never happen )
I agree. If you agree we can form the TSR Realpolitik party. We need 3 members apparently to form
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I didn't say countries. I said a country.
Right, and the statement that you applied to "a country" also applies to the other countries...it's hardly rocket science
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
I agree. If you agree we can form the TSR Realpolitik party. We need 3 members apparently to form
[citation needed]

p.s. parties have been rejected while having more than 3 highly active members behind them
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Right, and the statement that you applied to "a country" also applies to the other countries...it's hardly rocket science
Other countries that have nothing to do with this motion, and I'm not the first person to be pointing that out here. It's hardly rocket science.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
[citation needed]

p.s. parties have been rejected while having more than 3 highly active members behind them
Are we referring to the TSR al-Qaeda Party?

And yes, someone did propose that (although only to take the mick out of the BNP, which were represented in the House at the time)
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Are we referring to the TSR al-Qaeda Party?

And yes, someone did propose that (although only to take the mick out of the BNP, which were represented in the House at the time)
No, Jammy's referring to the AFL; Anti-federalist League.
Last edited by 04MR17; 2 weeks ago
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean, not long ago the general rule of thumb was 10 interested members to set up a new party!
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, Jammy's referring to the AFL; Anti-federalist League.
I maintain that the AFL was only rejected because established and liked members of the House’s establishment disliked the members linked to the proposal, despite the linked members being the most active in the MHoC in the last 4 years.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed