How should you feel after running 13 miles? Watch

SilenceOfTheLamb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I know that we are all different but I want advice if there's any experienced long distant runners on here? I am currently training for my first half marathon and today I decided to see if I could actually run it and I was able to. I have built myself up to run 13 miles, my best was 7 miles, then 8, then 10 and now 13 so I haven't just gone out and done 13 miles I've built myself up to it and my legs I'd say are decently strong.

I'd say I run with good form but sometimes it does slack a bit once I get into later miles, but as soon as I am aware I put a stop to it. So today, my legs hurt so badly after it, so did my hips, back, arms and just about everything. I stretched after it, drank plenty of water, made sure I didn't eat any fatty foods and also made sure I got up and walked about every now and then so I didn't become stiff.

I feel I am beginning to recover, for example after I was done with it, due to the pain I was like never again but now I am more than up for it, ofc I am going to have tomorrow off from any work outs just to be safe. Is a lot of pain normal after a long 13 mile run? My legs are beginning to feel a lot better now, so are my hips and back.

Opinions?
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’d be dead
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think if its your first time its probably not worth paying attention to.

Back when I did a lot of running I'd feel pretty much normal after a 20k - just dehydrated and hungry lol. But as soon as i got out of practice it became a lot harder.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
every brain signal of mine at the end:

Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd be exhausted and out of breath
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (471)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.41%
No- I want it (228)
28.68%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.67%

Watched Threads