askayoi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Considering a Degree Apprenticeship, but the location of the University may be too far to travel to, generally speaking are level 6 degree apprentices eligible for accommodation at the University they will be studying at alongside working at whatever company?
yaseen1000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Bump
Kier Early Careers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by askayoi)
Considering a Degree Apprenticeship, but the location of the University may be too far to travel to, generally speaking are level 6 degree apprentices eligible for accommodation at the University they will be studying at alongside working at whatever company?
Hi there!

It would be worth speaking to the employer that is providing the degree apprenticeship for you. For instance we run degree apprenticeships with Anglia Ruskin and Sheffield Hallam Universities, but the students only study 4 block weeks per year (Split throughout the year i.e. February, May, September, November). During these weeks away we provide and put them up in a hotel whilst the other weeks per year they work full time.

For us you could be a student on a degree apprenticeship working on Hinkley point C Nuclear Power Station in Somerset, but 4 times every year need to go to Sheffield Hallam. So we'd provide the accommodation and possibly help with travel costs.

I appreciate that not all companies may do this, but it would be worth trying to speak to the company about the arrangement.

Thanks!
- Max
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by askayoi)
Hi askayoi,

Our FAQs say:
At Sheffield Hallam, some university halls are available to degree apprentices. You can apply to live in these for a full year, or for shorter periods of time when you come to university to study.

As Max says it very much depends on your employer and where you would be based with them and the distance of this from the university you choose. Let me know if you have questions about our degree apprenticeships or studying at Hallam in general

- Ella
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads