The Student Room Group

mock results

ok, disclaimer i don’t mean to brag about anything (i don’t even consider it bragging since i’m not happy with them) but these were my mock results and im really not happy and i need tips to improve them!! (i’m aiming for 7s and above but idk!)
english lit + lang 6
maths 7
triple 6 in chemistry & 7 in bio + physics
graphics 6
computer science 7
german 8
religious studies 9
pls help :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by skittlessh
ok, disclaimer i don’t mean to brag about anything (i don’t even consider it bragging since i’m not happy with them) but these were my mock results and im really not happy and i need tips to improve them!! (i’m aiming for 7s and above but idk!)
english lit + lang 6
maths 7
triple 6 in chemistry & 7 in bio + physics
graphics 6
computer science 7
german 8
religious studies 9
pls help :frown:

Firstly don’t panic. Compared to the vast majority of people these are good mock results.

And to help with improving your grades, how do you currently revise? And how often?
Reply 2
Original post by Sam.T.
Firstly don’t panic. Compared to the vast majority of people these are good mock results.

And to help with improving your grades, how do you currently revise? And how often?

so i revise using flash cards and mind maps - i have this whiteboard that i use to recall things i’ve learnt previously to test how much i know without looking at my notes etc and i revise like an hour or two a day with homework (3 hrs on weekends tho)
Reply 3
Take notes from Freesciencelessons for Science
Reply 4
Original post by skittlessh
so i revise using flash cards and mind maps - i have this whiteboard that i use to recall things i’ve learnt previously to test how much i know without looking at my notes etc and i revise like an hour or two a day with homework (3 hrs on weekends tho)

Very Similar to me, I used FlashCards & a whiteboard for my revision. You’re technique & duration of revision seems really good, maybe it’s exam technique that you may be struggling with.

For English, Mr Bruff & Mr Salles are the videos I used to watch to help me

Science - Physics & maths tutor has practice questions, but also watching free science lessons is also a great resource

Maths - I used maths genie

Seneca is also a good resource for most subjects

To truly develop exam technique, try and find past papers on exam board websites, and particularly with English, ask your teacher if they can mark your answer
Past papers are your best friend when it comes to exam technique. Seneca is good for helping in remembering facts and stuff, so RE and German it’s good for. Maths and the calculations side of science is very much a practice thing. The more you do, the better you get. See where you went wrong on your mocks, and focus on those first, but don’t ignore the stuff you’re already good at

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending