Can you be an airhostess by going into sixth form?

Watch
Nina Dale
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone's know can i become an airhostess by going into sixform. Is it better than to go to college?
ibby68
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nina Dale)
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone's know can i become an airhostess by going into sixform. Is it better than to go to college?
college.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nina Dale)
Hi
Don't call them air hostess these days - that is so 1970s - called cabin crew. - or glorified waitress
StefJ1984
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've been long haul cabin crew since 2007

Flying for Virgin Atlantic, Thomson, and (most recently) British Airways (based at London's Heathrow Airport)

College is definitely an advantage. A Levels isn't a requirement as such, it's more about your experience in dealing with people face to face in a customer service capacity, and how you deal with difficult/emergency situations.

I'm aware that some colleges offer 'Cabin Crew Courses' which don't necessarily give you a better shot at being accepted..

You could go through school/college/uni etc and extra courses, but that's no good if you don't have face to face customer service experience.

As long as you have your GCSE's and customer experience, that's the bare minimum.

It also depends on what airline you want to fly for (if you are thinking commercial flying anyway)
You could go in to corporate and private flying, or even the RAF.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you have. I'd be happy to answer them.

Steph.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't fly very often but often the cabin crew are men.
StefJ1984
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I don't fly very often but often the cabin crew are men
Oh really? that's interesting to hear.
Most of my crews usually have a higher number of females. But there will be some flights where maybe there's just 2 or 3 females out of 22 cabin crew.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (43)
18.53%
No one else does (75)
32.33%
I'm embarrassed about my background (23)
9.91%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (79)
34.05%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.29%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.72%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed