The Student Room Group

Cambridge Part iii MASt applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Got rejected for applied maths, congrats to all who got in and good luck with everything!
Reply 141
Original post by mediocreman12
Got rejected for applied maths, congrats to all who got in and good luck with everything!

ahh:frown: ... may I know when you applied and when you received the rejection?
Original post by ssss44
ahh:frown: ... may I know when you applied and when you received the rejection?

Applied in december and got rejected yesterday.
Is there anyone who applied the MASt in Pure math and haven't heard back yet?
Reply 144
Applied in Jan; applicant portal changed to unsuccessful just now.
I applied to MASt Pure Mathematics and my application was still under review until 11 April and I sent an email to part III admissions and they replied saying that the decisions were already made but has not updated in the application portal - mine got updated yesterday to "awaiting approval by GAO". So if you in the same position as I was, you should email them.
Original post by chungls123
Thanks for creating this thread!
- Current University: UCL
- Prospective Course: Applied Mathematics
- Prospective Colleges: Trinity

Application timeline:
- Oct 27th: submitted
- Oct 28th: under review by department
- Feb 18th: Under review by degree committee
- Feb 25th: Awaiting approval by GAO
- Mar 3rd: Conditional offer

No news. Let's wait together! :smile:

Hey could you tell me something about your application? As in grades and your extra activities?
Original post by JackD97
I received an offer of 85% final year

Hey could u tell something about your application apart from grades and what set you apart ?
Original post by Sam547
Hi guys, I received my conditional offer for applied maths today!

Submitted: 9th November
Department: A few days later
Degree committee: 18th February
GAO: 25th February
Offer: 2nd March

The conditions are to graduate with a first (70%), upload a picture of my passport and complete a financial declaration. (As well as college allocation which is automatic.)

Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope you hear back very soon.

Hey could you tell me something about your application? Like I'm really worried. I'll be applying this year and I have good grades and like topped the first two terms and have a couple of research projects. What about you?
Original post by chungls123
I haven’t been allocated to any college yet. It doesn’t show on the fee calculator on the MAST website. I don’t think I’m competitive enough for studentship. Therefore the total amount due is £21000+£10000 with accommodation not yet counted. Mind blown....

Didn't you apply for financial aid? And you could take student loans btw
Reply 150
Original post by Doctor_Wormhole
Hey could you tell me something about your application? Like I'm really worried. I'll be applying this year and I have good grades and like topped the first two terms and have a couple of research projects. What about you?

Good grades and a research project will go a long way, so try not to worry. Feel free to PM me.
Original post by Sam547
Good grades and a research project will go a long way, so try not to worry. Feel free to PM me.

hey thank you so much <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending