username3435
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, I'm just really confused at the moment and need some advice.

Long story short, I was originally on a 4 year course at my previous uni that I have left, which means that I would have the funding of 4 years + 1 year= 5 years of funding in total. I am now looking to move onto a new course but have been told to start from year 1?

Because student finance is Length of new course + one additional year – years of previous study = Total Funding

Which in my case would be 4 Years + 1 Year - 2 Years = 3 Years

Am I correct that I would have enough funding to cover the new course?

Someone please help!!!!!!! Thank YOU
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username3435)
Hi there, I'm just really confused at the moment and need some advice.

Long story short, I was originally on a 4 year course at my previous uni that I have left, which means that I would have the funding of 4 years + 1 year= 5 years of funding in total. I am now looking to move onto a new course but have been told to start from year 1?

Because student finance is Length of new course + one additional year – years of previous study = Total Funding

Which in my case would be 4 Years + 1 Year - 2 Years = 3 Years

Am I correct that I would have enough funding to cover the new course?

Someone please help!!!!!!! Thank YOU
Hi there,
You are correct that the calculation is Length of new course + one additional year - previous years of study.

You state you have 2 years of previous study, did you leave during the 2nd year of the course or the 3rd year of the course because if you studied even a few weeks of the 3rd year then it will still be classed as a previous year of study.

If your new course is 4 years long as you only have 2 years of previous study then it is correct you should have 3 years of funding which means you will need to self fund the first year of your new course unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons and can provide evidence.
T
hanks, Isaac.
username3435
Rep:
?
Hi there thank you for your reply, I left after 2nd year and did not go onto 3rd year and the new course is 3 years long
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there thank you for your reply, I left after 2nd year and did not go onto 3rd year and the new course is 3 years long
If the new course is 3 years long then the calculation is 3+1-2 = 2 years of funding. You will need to self fund the first year of the course unless you can provide Compelling Personal Reasons evidence.
Thanks, Isaac.
username3435
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
If the new course is 3 years long then the calculation is 3+1-2 = 2 years of funding. You will need to self fund the first year of the course unless you can provide Compelling Personal Reasons evidence.
Thanks, Isaac.
Even though my previous course was 4 years long? Because I though it would be 4+1-2=3 Years of funding left and I was wondering if the 3 years left can be used towards the new course?

Thank You
Duncan SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Even though my previous course was 4 years long? Because I though it would be 4+1-2=3 Years of funding left and I was wondering if the 3 years left can be used towards the new course?

Thank You
Hi,

We wouldn't take the previous course length in to consideration. If your new course is three years long the calculation would be 3+1-2 = 2 years of full funding remaining. What was the reason for you leaving your previous course during the 2nd year?

Regards, Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads