Have your say: Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room

Watch
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article.

Read the full Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That's good news. I found the Which? Uni guide very useful when applying for uni, and I didn't realise it was set to close with all the content lost!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shooks)
Here's where you can post a comment about our Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article.

Read the full Which? University finds a new home with The Student Room article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Really good news, the "Which? uni" content will be preserved through theUniguide.

Ive always preferred which over alternatives such as Guardian/CUG, these are probably the best resources for year 12 students to get a feel for a Uni/course combination.

Ive noticed the % of applicants receiving offers metric which was on Which Uni, hasn't been transferred as the other data has, is this feature gone permanently?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mnot)
Really good news, the "Which? uni" content will be preserved through theUniguide.

Ive always preferred which over alternatives such as Guardian/CUG, these are probably the best resources for year 12 students to get a feel for a Uni/course combination.

Ive noticed the % of applicants receiving offers metric which was on Which Uni, hasn't been transferred as the other data has, is this feature gone permanently?
I imagine the licence purchasing that data from UCAS isn't transferable.

The newest data from UCAS should be available if TSRG put in a purchase (it's not cheap though). I hope they do as it helps to dispel a lot of myths around how selective courses are!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PQ)

The newest data from UCAS should be available if TSRG put in a purchase (it's not cheap though). I hope they do as it helps to dispel a lot of myths around how selective courses are!
Good to know,
Hopefully TSRG can continue to share the data if the cost is not too much of a burden.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by shooks)

Agree with others that the Offer Rate data is missing and was one of the most useful features previously.

Will it be added?
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
That's good news. I found the Which? Uni guide very useful when applying for uni, and I didn't realise it was set to close with all the content lost!
Great that you're pleased. Hopefully we can nurture it well.
(Original post by mnot)

(Original post by PQ)

(Original post by mnot)
Good to know,
Hopefully TSRG can continue to share the data if the cost is not too much of a burden.
(Original post by Doones)
Agree with others that the Offer Rate data is missing and was one of the most useful features previously.

Will it be added?
We'll have to have a look at this - thanks for flagging it up.
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
PQ mnot Doones

As PQ intimates, this data comes at a high cost ..:eek:.. a bit too much at the moment. It's definitely something we'll review regularly and come back to once The Uni Guide is settled and,hopefully, thriving.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
PQ mnot Doones

As PQ intimates, this data comes at a high cost ..:eek:.. a bit too much at the moment. It's definitely something we'll review regularly and come back to once The Uni Guide is settled and,hopefully, thriving.
Thanks for the update.

Would a previous year be cheaper? I don't imagine it changes much each year...
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks for the update.

Yes, good idea. A bit like buying the 9th rather than 10th edition of a book which, to all intents and purposes, remains the same apart from a few more pretty illustrations and an updated reference list.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Yes, good idea. A bit like buying the 9th rather than 10th edition of a book which, to all intents and purposes, remains the same apart from a few more pretty illustrations and an updated reference list.
New phone. Who dis?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
New phone. Who dis?
RC.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
RC.
:hugs:
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks for the update.

Nice idea - will check
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise