Should immigration be limited to preserve culture?

Watch this thread
Hongk66
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

For example, if 5 million English people immigrated to Pakistan, it's fair to say that Pakistan's culture would be affected, and I doubt the Pakistani people would be too happy.

However, when it happens in the UK, we're not even allowed to talk about it. Why is this?
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Culture is not static it is constantly changing, there is no way to "preserve" it in its current state regardless of immigration.

Define Culture, what does it mean to you?
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hongk66)

For example, if 5 million English people immigrated to Pakistan, it's fair to say that Pakistan's culture would be affected, and I doubt the Pakistani people would be too happy.

However, when it happens in the UK, we're not even allowed to talk about it. Why is this?
Nobody prevents you talking about immigration as long as you are able to do it in an adult way.
The UK already controls immigration and only lets those into the UK according to its rules.
Are you capable of talking about the subject without coming off like a racist or xenophobe troll?
Hongk66
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Nobody prevents you talking about immigration as long as you are able to do it in an adult way.
The UK already controls immigration and only lets those into the UK according to its rules.
Are you capable of talking about the subject without coming off like a racist or xenophobe troll?
You just proved yourself wrong. Whenever someone talks about immigration in the UK, they get called a racist, like you just did. Pathetic.

They may have rules, but immigration definitely has not been limited in the last 20 years, in fact the UK has had the highest rate of immigration in the last 20 years than all time.
Last edited by Hongk66; 2 years ago
ukrj
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes immigration should be limited to preserve both standards and culture. Some cultures engage in, quite frankly, barbaric practices which would be a real problem here. How many times have you heard of migrants across europe using cultural norms as a defence against rape charges. This country is far too soft and needs rediscover it's it's Christian roots. I'm a Sikh, before the leftists jump down my throat
username2657095
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Immigration brings a lot of benefits to the country too. As long as people try their best to integrate, and follow the laws of the country. It shouldn’t be an issue. Immigrants are used as cash cows by the home office and scapegoats by the government to distract people from the real issues.
ukrj
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Very dubious statements here. Tell us how the UK government controls migration when people are sneaking in hiding in lorries?
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
You just proved yourself wrong. Whenever someone talks about immigration in the UK, they get called a racist, like you just did. Pathetic.
Untrue. I havent called you a racist yet. I have told you that if you post like an adult and abide by community rules, then you will not be banned.
If you post like a racist you will be.
Are you capable of posting like an adult?
Considering you have opened a new account especially for this thread, then I would expect you have been banned previously.
ukrj
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by byeongkwans)
Immigration brings a lot of benefits to the country too. As long as people try their best to integrate, and follow the laws of the country. It shouldn’t be an issue. Immigrants are used as cash cows by the home office and scapegoats by the government to distract people from the real issues.
Controlled immigration ... yes. That's the point. Uncontrolled immigration and you'll end up like Sweden where, before long, they'll have Sharia law
username4986690
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ukrj)
Yes immigration should be limited to preserve both standards and culture. Some cultures engage in, quite frankly, barbaric practices which would be a real problem here. How many times have you heard of migrants across europe using cultural norms as a defence against rape charges. This country is far too soft and needs rediscover it's it's Christian roots. I'm a Sikh, before the leftist libtards jump down my throat
These Christian roots?

Hongk66
Rep:
Untrue. I havent called you a racist yet. I have told you that if you post like an adult and abide by community rules, then you will not be banned.
If you post like a racist you will be.
Are you capable of posting like an adult?
Considering you have opened a new account especially for this thread, then I would expect you have been banned previously.
Because you are not allowed to oppose mass immigration in the UK on this forum. I will get banned because of this thread too.

And from your last post about the UK having rules, they may have rules, but immigration definitely has not been limited in the last 20 years, in fact the UK has had the highest rate of immigration in the last 20 years than all time.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ukrj)
Very dubious statements here. Tell us how the UK government controls migration when people are sneaking in hiding in lorries?
Because most of the immigration to this country is legal and controlled through immigration laws. Illegal immigration is a tiny fraction of people entering and leaving the country. You cant prevent illegal immigration altogether but you can have system to minimise and then expel illegal immigrants when found.
ukrj
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
These Christian roots?

Please grow up, things have moved on.
ukrj
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Because most of the immigration to this country is legal and controlled through immigration laws. Illegal immigration is a tiny fraction of people entering and leaving the country. You cant prevent illegal immigration altogether but you can have system to minimise and then expel illegal immigrants when found.
How do YOU know. Have you counted the illegals? That's the point, nobody knows ... so spare us the its only a small number BS. It's just not believable.
Last edited by ukrj; 2 years ago
username4986690
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ukrj)
Please grow up, things have moved on.
Not by much.
sammyj97
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What culture? Beans on toast?

Relax. We’re here for a short time, who cares who lives in which country. /eyeroll
Last edited by sammyj97; 2 years ago
username4969948
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
No. If British culture has any value, it will survive on its own merits.

Sadly too many people they feel we need to introduce artificial protectionist barriers to preserve it. This safe space mentality exists because British people have very little faith in their own culture.

The very existence of the thread falsifies your claim.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ukrj)
Controlled immigration ... yes. That's the point. Uncontrolled immigration and you'll end up like Sweden where, before long, they'll have Sharia law
We dont have uncontrolled immigration though and neither does Sweden.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

They may have rules, but immigration definitely has not been limited in the last 20 years, in fact the UK has had the highest rate of immigration in the last 20 years than all time.
The issue with discussions around immigration is that they often focus on black and brown people. Whenever I speak with others about immigration, the more I press them the clearer it becomes that they mean non-white migration.
username2657095
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ukrj)
Immigration is controlled though, free movement from the EU wasn’t. But aside from that, it isn’t easy to obtain a visa without qualifications or connections. Migrants aren’t entitled to benefits in most cases, and they end up picking up jobs British people might not be so keen on doing. The refugees are displaced from their homes due to violence in their own countries. I’m not gonna call you racist for being apprehensive towards people from another culture. Other cultures can seem scary or threatening but it’s not gonna diminish your own culture. We’re all human beings at the core, no matter what gender, colour, faith or sexuality. Everyone should be treated with respect and be given opportunities to become productive members of society.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (67)
28.39%
As I expected (73)
30.93%
Harder (88)
37.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.39%

Watched Threads