European football teams refuse to play against Wuhan Zall Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Chinese Super League side Wuhan Zall’s preseason plans in Spain have been left in ruins by the coronavirus, with European teams refusing to play them.

The refusal has come despite the fact that the team have been nowhere near Wuhan, the city at the epicentre of the deadly virus, for several weeks.

Instead, they have been training in Guangzhou since January 2 with their new coach, Jose Gonzalez.

Last week they travelled to southern Spain via Istanbul and Shanghai. The team were cleared on arrival at Malaga Airport on Wednesday by local health authorities as showing no symptoms of the virus.

Doctors sent to greet the team were not needed. “No additional examinations were necessary. The medical team confirmed that none of them showed symptoms.”

“We all understand the social alarm that the name Wuhan can generate but I want to stress that the players were grouped together 1,000km from Wuhan.

“Since day three the incubation period is more than over. We have a doctor in the team who travels with the team who has certified to the Spanish health authorities that there have been no symptoms of possible infection in any player. There has been no sick player.

https://www.scmp.com/sport/china/art...elled-european
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The team is from Wuhan. Coronavirus started in Wuhan and they left Wuhan after the coronavirus spread. People are entitled to be suspicious.

Oh, and the SCMP is a Chinese Communist source. Do better.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Instead, they have been training in Guangzhou since January 2 with their new coach, Jose Gonzalez.
The outbreak was first reported in December but the doctor that raised it was arrested for "rumour-mongering" by the Chinese police.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Chinese Super League side Wuhan Zall’s preseason plans in Spain have been left in ruins by the coronavirus, with European teams refusing to play them.

The refusal has come despite the fact that the team have been nowhere near Wuhan, the city at the epicentre of the deadly virus, for several weeks.

Last week they travelled to southern Spain via Istanbul and Shanghai. The team were cleared on arrival at Malaga Airport on Wednesday by local health authorities as showing no symptoms of the virus.

Doctors sent to greet the team were not needed. “No additional examinations were necessary. The medical team confirmed that none of them showed symptoms.”

“We all understand the social alarm that the name Wuhan can generate but I want to stress that the players were grouped together 1,000km from Wuhan.

“Since day three the incubation period is more than over. We have a doctor in the team who travels with the team who has certified to the Spanish health authorities that there have been no symptoms of possible infection in any player. There has been no sick player.

Again, please lookup the definition of "racism".
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Again, please lookup the definition of "racism".
Didn't you know? You can use the racism card for anything these days.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
**** off Penguin you daft tw*t
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pharyngotympanic)
Didn't you know? You can use the racism card for anything these days.
You absolutely cannot pay for petrol with it.
Capitalist_Lamb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

NEWS JUST IN

Racist people not accepting blood donations from Chinese people suffering from aids.

It's NOT the race they are afraid of, it's the virus. How can it be racist to be scared of a virus? They aren't playing because of the fear of the virus, not because they are Chinese lol.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
The team is from Wuhan. Coronavirus started in Wuhan and they left Wuhan after the coronavirus spread. People are entitled to be suspicious.

Oh, and the SCMP is a Chinese Communist source. Do better.
:congrats:
PolishPowah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rather be racist.. than get coronavirus

Nuttyy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
RIP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.28%
No- I want it (233)
28.62%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.63%

Watched Threads