GrantCairns123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi I’m hoping somebody could help me

I took my 6 year old son to London for a shoot for a modelling agency “ Identity Management “ , 9 Bateman Street, Soho, London , everybody was very sincere and we were told at the end if my son didn’t get 35 good photos he would not be offered a position , the photographer that done his photos was loving my sons vibe , said that he was a natural and connected with the camera , he was absolutely blown away by how good he was, we paid £50 deposit which was refundable at the end of the day , we paid it to a PayPal address so i never thought anything of it, like I said all very sincere team of people, at the end the woman said that they were blown away by how good my son was, he got the best scores out of every model in there that day , he got 60 good photos which they were amazed by and offered him a position , then we were told we would have to pay £1975 for a portfolio , there was another option of a CD Portfolio but I chose to get the better one , I paid £550 towards it on the day and it would be split over 4 installments, since coming home I’ve been re-searching the company and when I type the company number they are owned by Digital Fashion Photography Ltd which is on 17a Newman Street in SoHo , I’ve seen people say there a scam on here but I’m wondering why a should believe it? I don’t want to be niave but I want this opportunity for my son and I honestly don’t mind paying for the portfolio but I’ve seen people say on here that they have no connections to places like JD Sports or Nike or Zara , this is my concern , can somebody offer any sincere advice ?
kai130305
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would feel so bad if thats not real however if its via PayPal it should be traceable so if it isn't real and is a scam you will be able to get your money back
expatmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You need to look at previous discussions on here - search Identity Management. There are pages and pages of people talking about it. Basically yes, it is a scam, but it isn't illegal as they tread a fine line - they take your pictures and offer to put you forward to agents etc. but it's nothing you couldn't do yourself - for free. No decent agency needs a whole portfolio of pictures - they will just arrange to get more done anyway if they want to take you on. If you want your son to be a model you'd be better off finding a child agent that is affiliated with the AMA (association of model agents) and taking it from there. Back in the day the biggest child agent was Truly Scrumptious but I expect its all changed by now. Don't pay them any more money.
This looks helpful: https://www.juniormagazine.co.uk/fas...odel-agencies/
Last edited by expatmum; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads