The Student Room Group

Reduced student finance becvause was not employed for 3 days between jobs- due holida

hello ,

i have a question ..
I changed my job 27 th of april and I started new one on 1 st of may .. student finance asked me for evidence to check my employment as I applied as migrant worker.. few days ago i got email said that they overpay me.. and they will reduce my future maintenance loan.. I explained that i took some holidays between employment and it was few days only.. please advice me what to do .. dont know what should i do..
Original post by VIOLA992
hello ,

i have a question ..
I changed my job 27 th of april and I started new one on 1 st of may .. student finance asked me for evidence to check my employment as I applied as migrant worker.. few days ago i got email said that they overpay me.. and they will reduce my future maintenance loan.. I explained that i took some holidays between employment and it was few days only.. please advice me what to do .. dont know what should i do..

Hi @VIOLA992, you are only eligible for funding for the days you are working. Your funding will be pro rated which means you will receive less Maintenance Loan if you were not working some days. It sounds like you received the full loan and then the assessor realised you had gaps in your employment and therefore has caused the overpayment.
If you did have gaps then this will be correct and you won't be able to do anything about it. If you feel like you have been assessed incorrectly then you can follow the appeals procedure by clicking here.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi @VIOLA992, you are only eligible for funding for the days you are working. Your funding will be pro rated which means you will receive less Maintenance Loan if you were not working some days. It sounds like you received the full loan and then the assessor realised you had gaps in your employment and therefore has caused the overpayment.
If you did have gaps then this will be correct and you won't be able to do anything about it. If you feel like you have been assessed incorrectly then you can follow the appeals procedure by clicking here.
Thanks, Isaac.

i was on my holidays between employment and they reduce my loan for £4000 ....
i was on my holidays between employment and they reduce my loan for £4000 ....

If you feel the decision was incorrect then we advise you to follow the appeals procedure.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
If you feel the decision was incorrect then we advise you to follow the appeals procedure.ok
Thanks, Isaac.

Ok i will thanks
Ok i will thanks

You’re welcome. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending