Looking to make new friends in uni Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all. I'm looking to meet new people at uni who are open to making/being friends with. Please comment which uni you all go to. I'm at LHU and could do with at least one friend, I'm so bored I literally have no friends aha! x
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all. I'm looking to meet new people at uni who are open to making/being friends with. Please comment which uni you all go to. I'm at LHU and could do with at least one friend, I'm so bored I literally have no friends aha! x
Hi there

Have you spoke with our Student Union to see what clubs and societies we offer at Liverpool Hope? Societies and clubs offer a great chance to meet new friends and find people with shared interests and hobbies.

I hope this helps.

Amy :shakehand:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there

Have you spoke with our Student Union to see what clubs and societies we offer at Liverpool Hope? Societies and clubs offer a great chance to meet new friends and find people with shared interests and hobbies.

I hope this helps.

Amy :shakehand:
Hi

I haven't spoken directly with the student union but I have checked the website and I'm not too sure if the clubs and societies I'm interested in are even active.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi

I haven't spoken directly with the student union but I have checked the website and I'm not too sure if the clubs and societies I'm interested in are even active.
Hello

It might be best to give the Student Union an email or pop in, if there's a club or society that your interested in but you don't know if its active or not they should be able to help you get insight or even help you set it up again!

Hope this helps

Ruth :macarena:
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!

I'm obviously not from LHU, hence the name, but making friends is a pretty broad stroke across all universities.
How long have you been at University? Do you already have friends -- but are just looking to make new ones? Everything okay?

Your best bet may be using your accommodation as a medium to approach and talk to people (if you stay at Uni), if not, your course/certain modules to group up and speak to others and find your way in that way.

Hope this helps!
Joshua
StrangeSupernova
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey , I don’t gotta in LHU, but i am at UoL and always looking to meet new people, feel free to send me a DM
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey!

I'm obviously not from LHU, hence the name, but making friends is a pretty broad stroke across all universities.
How long have you been at University? Do you already have friends -- but are just looking to make new ones? Everything okay?

Your best bet may be using your accommodation as a medium to approach and talk to people (if you stay at Uni), if not, your course/certain modules to group up and speak to others and find your way in that way.

Hope this helps!
Joshua
Hi

I have been in university for a long time now. I did have friends before but I don't anymore because one of them left the university whilst the other stopped talking and hanging around me. And I am now looking to meet new people to become friends with because I literally have no one around me. I know some people in university but nothing to the extent of where we are close, friends or anything. It's just greeting people in passing (if I'm lucky to even see them.

I try to talk to people but it often gets turned in to an interview rather than a conversation. I would be okay if I had at least one genuine friend but I don't even have that.
it's so boring aha x
Anonymous #1
Hello

It might be best to give the Student Union an email or pop in, if there's a club or society that your interested in but you don't know if its active or not they should be able to help you get insight or even help you set it up again!

Hope this helps

Ruth :macarena:
Hi
Thank you for your response.

I will give them an email.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi
Thank you for your response.

I will give them an email.
You are more than welcome!

Any other questions give us a shout.

mirage2105
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! I go to a uni in london and I kind of relate. Feel free to PM me
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
You are more than welcome!

Any other questions give us a shout.

Hi

I sent an email to the union last week and have yet to get a response. Is there a place to pop in and ask the staff directly?
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

I sent an email to the union last week and have yet to get a response. Is there a place to pop in and ask the staff directly?
Yes you can pop into the Student Union office which is situated in the Lecture Theatre Complex on our Hope Park campus.

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (329)
60.48%
Yes- I don't like it (28)
5.15%