idledots
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm filling out my S5 choices sheet right now and I'm not sure whether to try higher maths (I didn't do well in the Nat 5 prelim) or if I want to take Nat 5 Biology or retake Computing Science.Realistically, do I need to have a science? I didn't take any sciences this year and my friends are telling me I won't get into any colleges or get any jobs without a science.I have no idea what college I want to apply for, or what I want to do career wiseI did want to try go into an art school, or computing since I have an interest in games development and art in general, or even animation. But I honestly have no idea what I want to do.This year I took (all Nat 5s) history, art, computing science, maths, English, and German.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
just saying taking a gap year can be a future plan, or apprenticeships or college courses
you can get a job with higher science, even if you don't do science in S5 you could do a crash higher in S6 or in college
depends on uni course
idledots
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by stereotypeasian)
just saying taking a gap year can be a future plan, or apprenticeships or college courses
you can get a job with higher science, even if you don't do science in S5 you could do a crash higher in S6 or in college
depends on uni course
I did consider the idea of a gap year but my parents are against the idea of a gap year even after school.
Would I be allowed to take a higher science even though the last time I took one was biology in S3?
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by idledots)
I'm filling out my S5 choices sheet right now and I'm not sure whether to try higher maths (I didn't do well in the Nat 5 prelim) or if I want to take Nat 5 Biology or retake Computing Science.Realistically, do I need to have a science? I didn't take any sciences this year and my friends are telling me I won't get into any colleges or get any jobs without a science.I have no idea what college I want to apply for, or what I want to do career wiseI did want to try go into an art school, or computing since I have an interest in games development and art in general, or even animation. But I honestly have no idea what I want to do.This year I took (all Nat 5s) history, art, computing science, maths, English, and German.
If you want to do computing then you should take higher physics as it is kind of related to computing and retake computing science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (292)
65.47%
No (154)
34.53%

Watched Threads