The Student Room Group

when are interviews held

I applied to 5 unis on the 15th January. I have already got two conditional offers and waiting for the other responses, do the interviews take place after they give you the offer and you have your firm choice, or before giving you the offers but I didn't have any.
Not every course will require interviewing, in fact I’d say it’s the minority of courses which you’d need an interview for! So you may have applied for a course which doesn’t interview. If they do interview, it would be before getting an offer :smile:
Original post by Athena1939
I applied to 5 unis on the 15th January. I have already got two conditional offers and waiting for the other responses, do the interviews take place after they give you the offer and you have your firm choice, or before giving you the offers but I didn't have any.

Only some unis interview, and most interview before offers (to decide if you get a place). Some interview post-offer (for offer reductions and scholarships). It depends on the unis you've applied to, so I would check their websites.
As above most courses don't interview. If you aren't applying for a clinical or creative course, or to Oxbridge, and aren't a mature student or otherwise have a non-standard educational background, then you're unlikely to be interviewed (there are some exceptions still, but very few courses/unis outside of those interview regularly).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending