The Student Room Group

A Level Further Maths Help

Hi guys,

I know for Maths you need to study Pure Years 1 and 2 and Stats and Mechanics Years 1 and 2. What modules do you have to study for Further Maths?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming Further Pure Years 1 and 2 and Decision Maths Years 1 and 2. What other modules?
Original post by Ology123
Hi guys,

I know for Maths you need to study Pure Years 1 and 2 and Stats and Mechanics Years 1 and 2. What modules do you have to study for Further Maths?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming Further Pure Years 1 and 2 and Decision Maths Years 1 and 2. What other modules?

Which exam board are you doing?
Hi guys,

It depends which exam board you're taking, I'm sure it will be explained on their website.
For mine (Ocr B) I do pure maths, statistics major and Mechanics minor, I think you have to do either one or the other as a major but there are lots of options for the minor like technology or extra pure, also depends on what your school offers.
Reply 3
Original post by Knortfoxx
Which exam board are you doing?

Edexcel
Edexcel

For edexcel further maths you take 2 compulsory pure modules and then you can choose up to two of further pure, statistics, decision or mechanics.
Reply 5
Edexcel

For Edexcel A level Further Maths you have to take at least 4 units.
There are 2 compulsory Pure Maths units.
There are then 8 optional units (2 Pure, 2 Mechanics, 2 Stats and 2 Decision) and you have to take at least 2 of them. If you take more than 2 then your grade will be based on the best 2 units (plus the 2 compulsory ones).

What you study in Year 12 and what you study in Year 13 is entirely down to your school (assuming you're not taking AS Fm in Year 12).

Quick Reply

Latest