Ology123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I know for Maths you need to study Pure Years 1 and 2 and Stats and Mechanics Years 1 and 2. What modules do you have to study for Further Maths?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming Further Pure Years 1 and 2 and Decision Maths Years 1 and 2. What other modules?
Knortfoxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ology123)
Hi guys,

I know for Maths you need to study Pure Years 1 and 2 and Stats and Mechanics Years 1 and 2. What modules do you have to study for Further Maths?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming Further Pure Years 1 and 2 and Decision Maths Years 1 and 2. What other modules?
Which exam board are you doing?
qwertyuiosd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys,

It depends which exam board you're taking, I'm sure it will be explained on their website.
For mine (Ocr B) I do pure maths, statistics major and Mechanics minor, I think you have to do either one or the other as a major but there are lots of options for the minor like technology or extra pure, also depends on what your school offers.
Ology123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Knortfoxx)
Which exam board are you doing?
Edexcel
Knortfoxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Edexcel
For edexcel further maths you take 2 compulsory pure modules and then you can choose up to two of further pure, statistics, decision or mechanics.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Edexcel
For Edexcel A level Further Maths you have to take at least 4 units.
There are 2 compulsory Pure Maths units.
There are then 8 optional units (2 Pure, 2 Mechanics, 2 Stats and 2 Decision) and you have to take at least 2 of them. If you take more than 2 then your grade will be based on the best 2 units (plus the 2 compulsory ones).

What you study in Year 12 and what you study in Year 13 is entirely down to your school (assuming you're not taking AS Fm in Year 12).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (238)
61.03%
No (81)
20.77%
Not sure (71)
18.21%

Watched Threads