Should we have a referendum on the monarchy when HM dies? Watch

Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
Firstly, the wealth and lifestyle the Royal family have.
And read this,
https://www.bmsf.org.uk/about-the-mo...h-m-the-queen/
Then being rich is a completely separate point. And still doesn't relate to actual (political) power.
And do you really reckon that would end if they stopped being in charge? That's nothing but delusional...

I'm in no mind to change it. It's a constant. It's a touch point. And it would never pass a referendum anyway.
Last edited by Drewski; 2 weeks ago
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Then being rich is a completely separate point. And still doesn't relate to actual (political) power.
And do you really reckon that would end if they stopped being in charge? That's nothing but delusional...

I'm in no mind to change it. It's a constant. It's a touch point. And it would never pass a referendum anyway.
Why would the world end? I was just saying they have very real power, that is unobtainable to a common man, purely because they were born into a family that believe they were given the throne by God. And I don't think that we should have that in a secular, free and fair society.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
"20-30 years", youre misreading Twitter and TSR as a measure of public opinion, the public vastly supports the Royal Family.

A valued and recognised British institution - hope it stays for many generations to come.
I agree with you, this forum is the only place I've ever known where my own anti royal views are not completely in the minority.
Ferrograd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I think Prince Charles will refuse to take up position as King, he knows that the institution is rotten and would rather remain in his current role
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We must get rid of the monarchy. They are criminals and scroungers who for some reason are above the law.
They're nothing but pure evil. Unfortunately too many people believe the lie about how much money they bring in. Even then, it is unjust for them to be in such authority.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads