The Student Room Group

What did you want to be when you were younger?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Farmer.

I did a BTEC in Agriculture realised it was way too hard to get into without a farm and started a degree in Rural Property Management. Then I dropped out of that to become a commercial property manager for a few years, then residential property manager. Now I'm a Primary Care Data Analyst.

I still help out on my friend's farm.

It's awesome that you still stick by what you wanted to do though, even if it is a hobby-ish!
Original post by BehindTheScreen
When I was very young I wanted to make games, bit after I wanted to be a software engineer even though I didn't know what it was lol.

Got a software engineering placement for next year now !

Being a game dev sounds like quite a popular one, it would be quite a cool job to have. :tongue:

Congrats on your placement!
i wanted to become a barrister/solicitor/lawyer ever since childhood.
(also my granddads and family's wish)

But now have changed my plan into becoming a forensic psychologist
Reply 42
I had a few... architect (turns out older me dislikes drawing/lengthy study), accountant (I hate maths), police officer (I'd be terrible at that), racing driver (parents aren't multi-millionaires), journalist (thankfully didn't go there, given the state of journalism today).

Currently attempting to become something unrelated to any of my childhood dreams, but I'll probably change my mind again before my degree's done :dontknow:
Reply 43
Wanted to be an engineer and now I am studying to be a sports therapist/physiotherapist😂
When I was 8 I wanted to be a ‘train driver’

From 13-18 I wanted to be in the RAF as an Aerospace Battle Manager

From 18-23 (present day) I want to be a cytogeneticist :smile:

Finished my BSc in Genetics last year and a 1/3 the way through my MSc in Molecular Genetics and Diagnostics
I wanted to be a professional tennis player, having reached county standard at 17.
Ended up as an HR Manager.
I wanted to be a farmer when I was younger and now I'm a writer.
I wanted to be a king 👑😭😭😭
The next Manuel Ferrara.
Original post by MidgetFever
:lol:

And how is that working out for you? :tongue:

Not too well. I get an odd when I walk along the railway line pulling some toy trucks going choo choo. The police don’t like my explanation that I’m a very useful engine.
Reply 50
Rich. I like the idea of just doing some work for homeless people and helping others.
Oddly I'm a bit selfish and cynical though.

Also a game developer so I didn't have to wait until release, but not really.

Doing Biomed now but I still have no idea, I'm a bit lost lately.
A game developer. I admire the programers and especially the hackers, I wish I could be your friend.
Wanted to be a vet.

I work in a molecular biology lab.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MidgetFever
and what are you/studying towards now?

Just curious as to whether anyone stuck to their childhood ambitions.

I used to want to be a storm chaser, now I'm studying to become a solicitor. :lol:

I wanted to be a doctor after that I changed my mind I wanted to be an astronaut
But now I'm a software engineer

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1
I wanted to be a loser and that dream has effortlessly come true.
I wanted to be a doctor in my childhood and finally I am about to take admission in medical school this year.
Original post by Shuchuwa
I wanted to be a farmer when I was younger and now I'm a writer.

What do you write?
Reply 57
Pretty sure when I was really young I wanted to be a vet before I found out what it actually involves. Was then sure I’d be a lawyer before I got interested in forensic science for quite a while then moved to psychology (criminology specifically) then to astrophysics, then briefly considered environmental science (after watching planet earth) then neuroscience and psychology (but the joint degrees got stopped as the courses were “too similar”) then back to psychology again (ideally neuropsychology). Will be studying psychology at university, currently hoping to then do a phd. 🙂
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
What do you write?

Fiction. Right now I'm writing a book about a woman and her friends called Sophie's Saga.
Wanted to be a air hostess

Quick Reply

Latest