big-L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
aka teacher training day. it sounds like a dumb question but what exactly do they do? all of my teachers seem to be dreading it
Last edited by big-L; 3 weeks ago
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There are talks. If you’re new or your training needs refreshing, really basic stuff such as safeguarding. Sometimes SEN things. No one really seems to learn anything, so teachers and other staff members don’t enjoy them
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by big-L)
aka teacher training day. it sounds like a dumb question but what exactly do they do? all of my teachers seem to be dreading it
Hello

It depends when the INSET are within the year and what the school improvement plans suggest. For example, every year teachers need training in matters of safe-guarding. This usually happens on the first INSET after the summer holidays. Then there will be time spent considering any changes in curriculum or assessment. Teachers may do some team planning, moderation or their assessments or develop resources together. Other times we'd have input from the SEND department, and learn new techniques of supporting children with additional needs.

I used to quite enjoy the INSET days, but I'd be shattered at the end of them as I was always learning new things! I think that some schools are better than others and I know of some where INSET can mean death by power-point! Often the session will be on moving from didactic learning!

Jane
FormerTeacher
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Varies depending on each school! We have a variety of topics in INSET from safeguarding, time management, collecting data, how to close the gap, growth mindset, generally whole school issues and then perhaps department related training in the afternoon. It can be very insightful and a chance for staff to work as a whole and integrate!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads

Latest