can a UK citizen study in New Zealand without having to pay the uni fees now? Watch

yasminandrews01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am currently a first year law student in Leeds and I am wanting to move to New Zealand to go to university (I dont mind if I have to repeat first year). My problem is, I come from a single parent household where I do not receive any financial support. I understand that in the UK my uni fees are all being paid for and that's just something I will have to worry about once I have graduated.

I am curious to know if there is any similar system in place to benefit international students in New Zealand so that I would be able to attend university there, even if I don't come from a wealthy family who will be able to pay the fees,

thanks!!
Advertisement
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,

I can't give you a direct answer, but to help you find it, your best bet may be:
> Looking up a university in NZ that you're intending to go to.
> Checking their guidelines, and whether it's possible for you to attend, first and for-mostly.
> Rooting around on Google for NZ finance and discovering any relevant systems they have.

What makes you want to move to New Zealand? Is this a life-long dream, or a sudden explosive desire? Have you weighed up your options and considered it thoroughly?

Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads