joonghong
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have already sent in my application for university and they want "ABBB" at Scottish Highers, im currently taking my second set of highers and im doing 4 of them, however i really want to drop History so would they accept me if i had "AAAC" instead of "ABBB" as i dont think I'll pass history so i really want to drop it (its advanced higher) and use the C i got last year.

Im also scared because im still waiting for my offers so what if i drop history and they ask for it..
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you have already applied with the subject listed on your UCAS as a pending examination, you will need to notify any universities of your intention to drop it as they may not still be able to consider you. I would recommend doing so as they can confirm whether you will be considered if you drop it, both simply due to dropping it and whether you would still meet the entry criteria without taking it.
joonghong
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
If you have already applied with the subject listed on your UCAS as a pending examination, you will need to notify any universities of your intention to drop it as they may not still be able to consider you. I would recommend doing so as they can confirm whether you will be considered if you drop it, both simply due to dropping it and whether you would still meet the entry criteria without taking it.
What if i drop the subject AFTER they give me a conditional offer (which doesn't state that they need a grade from that subject)?
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by joonghong)
What if i drop the subject AFTER they give me a conditional offer (which doesn't state that they need a grade from that subject)?
Just because they don't need a grade in that subject, anything which changes the terms of your application needs to be told to the universities. That extra subject could still have been used when determining whether to make you an offer, and they may have given you the offer over another person because of it.
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by joonghong)
as emiloujess says, you always need to notify a university of any changes in your education or qualifications that takes place after you submit you application, regardless of whether they made you an offer or not. You application via UCAS, and any offers made, are a form of contract - changing your qualifications would be changing the terms of that contract and so render it null and void unless new terms are negotiated (which may be the same terms excepting that subject, or something else).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads