The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

bristol university applicants 2020

heyy, has anyone heard back yet? Ive received all other decisions, just not Bristol...politics and international relations.
Reply 1
Original post by ellahalee0
heyy, has anyone heard back yet? Ive received all other decisions, just not Bristol...politics and international relations.

Hi! I applied for Criminology in early December and I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol and UCL. Haven't seen many people on here that have heard back yet either.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I’ve received offers back from all other unis but still waiting on Bristol. I got 4 as and a b at as level and applied for criminology.
Bristol takes AGES. It's ridiculous tbh... They have until 31st March to reply, so they may make you wait. Considering the strike action happening, don't expect a quick reply - but consider your other choices while you wait! You never know... Your other choices may surprise you!
Reply 4
Original post by allytin
Hi! I applied for Criminology in early December and I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol and UCL. Haven't seen many people on here that have heard back yet either.

OMG! I only applied just before the deadline - but its still so annoying isn't it!
Reply 5
Original post by PlantsGalore74
Bristol takes AGES. It's ridiculous tbh... They have until 31st March to reply, so they may make you wait. Considering the strike action happening, don't expect a quick reply - but consider your other choices while you wait! You never know... Your other choices may surprise you!

It is ridiculous! Sorry, what's the strike action? They already have! :smile:
Original post by ellahalee0
It is ridiculous! Sorry, what's the strike action? They already have! :smile:

There's another 14 days of strikes happening from 20th February. Here's a link to it for you: https://www.ft.com/content/200e36e4-46a2-11ea-aee2-9ddbdc86190d

Bristol Uni has not been dealing with things well at all... I know someone there who's trying to make a group to sue the uni and law school for all of the failures and cancelled lectures. Deadlines were kept the same during strikes and the whole uni was basically told that the strikes didn't count as an extenuating circumstance, so if they did poorly it was on the students, and they've been told that they will be taught on things that were in the cancelled lectures in their summative (summer) exams.

It looks like a good uni but once you actually get inside, it's rotten to the core. Don't choose it - I have a friend who waited 8 MONTHS for counselling when she was told it would take 6 weeks... The uni has let so many people slip through the cracks. You're honestly better off choosing a different uni that won't sugar coat the awful things that they let slide.
Reply 7
There's another 14 days of strikes happening from 20th February. Here's a link to it for you: https://www.ft.com/content/200e36e4-46a2-11ea-aee2-9ddbdc86190d

Bristol Uni has not been dealing with things well at all... I know someone there who's trying to make a group to sue the uni and law school for all of the failures and cancelled lectures. Deadlines were kept the same during strikes and the whole uni was basically told that the strikes didn't count as an extenuating circumstance, so if they did poorly it was on the students, and they've been told that they will be taught on things that were in the cancelled lectures in their summative (summer) exams.

It looks like a good uni but once you actually get inside, it's rotten to the core. Don't choose it - I have a friend who waited 8 MONTHS for counselling when she was told it would take 6 weeks... The uni has let so many people slip through the cracks. You're honestly better off choosing a different uni that won't sugar coat the awful things that they let slide.

Omg! That's so awful - It was initially my first choice, so I will definitely take all the things you've mentioned into consideration. Thank you!

That's really bad - my son's at Exeter and they automatically extended essay deadlines due to the strikes without the students even having to ask. I think most unis would have done that as it's only fair

Quick Reply