Untrustworthy: American company Google sent private videos to strangers Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Google has recently notified Google Photos users that due to a "technical issue," in Google Photos, some users' private videos were "incorrectly exported to unrelated users' archives," 9to5Google reported Monday.

The technical glitch happened on Nov. 21, 2019, and was fixed four days later, on Nov. 25, and it apparently only affected users who used Google Takeout to request a "Download your data" export, which included content stored in Google Photos.

On the flipside, users who downloaded their data now possibly have someone else's videos in their archive (which, by the way, may be incomplete).

https://mashable.com/article/google-...videos-glitch/
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Show me a tech company that doesn't mess up from time to time.
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Google has recently notified Google Photos users that due to a "technical issue," in Google Photos, some users' private videos were "incorrectly exported to unrelated users' archives," 9to5Google reported Monday.

The technical glitch happened on Nov. 21, 2019, and was fixed four days later, on Nov. 25, and it apparently only affected users who used Google Takeout to request a "Download your data" export, which included content stored in Google Photos.

On the flipside, users who downloaded their data now possibly have someone else's videos in their archive (which, by the way, may be incomplete).

https://mashable.com/article/google-...videos-glitch/
You have no creadibility you constantly sing praises of the PRC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (472)
59.3%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.4%
No- I want it (228)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.66%

Watched Threads