anwarm0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Should I carry on with btec applied science or swap to something like politics?
I'm now on a pass overall on Unit 2 which is the coursework unit and the highest I can get overall would probably be a merit for year 1 after the exam unit [1]
I changed sociology in the first term to btec science because I thought I wanted to do forensic science in uni so thought it would be a better option now I don't think I want to do that.
I do biology and maths as well but biology clashes with politics sooo don't know what to do. And at the end of A2 I don't think I can get a Distiction overall anymore so it's like what's the point of getting a Merit at most? Idk 😔 regretting my life choices
phillip_a9000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It really depends which one you enjoy the most, because you should choose the one you will enjoy. In my opinion, while politics can be useful, science has a wider range of opportunity and contributes greatly to society. However, as I said, choose which one you enjoy, and which one will be relevant to your future job.
anwarm0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by phillip_a9000)
It really depends which one you enjoy the most, because you should choose the one you will enjoy. In my opinion, while politics can be useful, science has a wider range of opportunity and contributes greatly to society. However, as I said, choose which one you enjoy, and which one will be relevant to your future job.
That's also another problem. I'm so conflicted between the idea of doing a STEM subject in the future or actually doing more social/humanities based subjects.
Ah **** now I realised I probably shouldn't have dropped fricking sociology coz you do crime and deviation and I want to help people in that criminal sector....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (346)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.24%
No- I want it (156)
27.23%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.16%

Watched Threads