Flashcards: Anki, Quizlet or handwritten Watch

Frostiique
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys, i have started revising for my GCSE’s and I think I want to use flashcards as the main way to learn the content. I have recently come across a program called ANKI which seems really good for flashcards but I’m not sure whether to use it or if quizlet or physical handwritten cards would be better. Any help would be appreciated

MoonlightTiger16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Frostiique)
Hey guys, i have started revising for my GCSE’s and I think I want to use flashcards as the main way to learn the content. I have recently come across a program called ANKI which seems really good for flashcards but I’m not sure whether to use it or if quizlet or physical handwritten cards would be better. Any help would be appreciated
It is up to you I personally use quicker but write out their information on card, as I find it helps me learn better and quicker. Sometimes writing out can help,but it might be time consuming depending on the amount of information. It is really up to how you learn. I hope this helps, good luck with your GCSEs.
TheHeirarchy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally, I use quizlet. It's got pretty much everything I need. My only problem is having to print them out, since my phone is too old to have the app.

I'd suggest, if your phone allows it, to download the app and revise whenever you're bored or available, but only for about half an hour. Maybe do that four times a day on different subjects, but never all at once. Quizlet makes things kinda enjoyable - how dare I say such a thing about revision - so you might end up finding it easier to motivate yourself to revise, without the mammoth task of writing two years worth of course work out into tiny cards.

Hope this helps.
999QR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Frostiique)
You can use flashcards, but i think the best way to revise is by doing loads of past papers, Trust me, they help with motivation, to reduce stress, make you know how to answer questions in the exam...
WhatSasquatch
Rep:
?
Report 18 hours ago
I love to use the app Brainscape because it allows you to categorise how confident you feel about your answer. I would recommend typing them because it offers a backup in case you lose your notes, and if you trust the note-taking style of others on your course you can collaborate to make the flashcards which can speed up an otherwise arduous (but worthwhile) process.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (2)
50%
No (2)
50%
Don't know (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise