Calculating my overall module grade - Salford University

Watch
Downey
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hiya, so I need help in working out one of my module grades. I got 64% on the presentation which is worth 25% of the grade, and I got 58% on the assessment worth the remaining 75%. I'm basically wondering if I have achieved a 2:1 or not? so stuck!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Downey)
Hiya, so I need help in working out one of my module grades. I got 64% on the presentation which is worth 25% of the grade, and I got 58% on the assessment worth the remaining 75%. I'm basically wondering if I have achieved a 2:1 or not? so stuck!
I think you calcuate 64 times 0.25 + 58 times 0.75 which equals 59.5. At most unis this would be rounded up to 60 which would mean you have just scraped a 2:1 in that module.

That's what I think but I'm not 100% sure so check with the tutor for that module that this is how it works at your uni
Laurenb_96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi can I please just ask I also study at Salford and I have received all my grades back and worked out my overall classification would equal 59.52% is there any chance this would be rounded up to a 60% so I could graduate with an overall 2:1???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads