The Student Room Group

Transferring unis

I’m finding it hard being far away from home, and am looking into moving to a Uni closer to home.
I’m currently in my first year, on a 4 year course (one year industry) and am just wondering if anyone has transferred Unis? And how to go about it as it’s really stressing me out. The course I’m wanting to go onto is a 3 year course, will It still be funded?
Yes it will be funded because student finance give you a gift year + 3 years of a normal course. The transferring policy is different to each uni so you have to contact the uni if they would allow you to transfer and what you need to do for it. Bear in mind transfers are quite competitive. If you cant transfer, you could always apply through UCAS again
It would be to start from year 1 as as much as it’s the same course I’m applying for the modules are very different. I’m just nervous as the industry year doesn’t cost as much as the other years, so I’m not sure what finance will say
Reply 3
How do you contact student finance ?
Original post by emilyy_devann
It would be to start from year 1 as as much as it’s the same course I’m applying for the modules are very different. I’m just nervous as the industry year doesn’t cost as much as the other years, so I’m not sure what finance will say

The funding calculation is:
Length of your new course + 1 gift year - previous years of study.

If you only have 1 year of study then you can start any new course in 1st year and get funding for the full length of the new course. Just make sure you’re 100% sure of the change. If you have to change again or repeat a year then any second additional year would not be funded (so no tuition fee loan for that year).
Original post by Abbyc18
How do you contact student finance ?

You can post in the ask student finance england forum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending