This discussion is closed.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
It has already set a precedent. Parliamentary sovereignty has been quashed by an unelected speaker who has decided towns can not be named after people. He might as well introduce a bill that renames all towns named after people to be renamed and then pass it without democracy. Democracy is dead friends. We now live under tyranny. Is this the future we want for our children and our tubby cats?
It hasn't set a precedent. The rule to not send joke items to division was added I think around 12 months ago, and before Andrew was speaker. Since then, Andrew and previous speakers have been required to decide whether an item is a joke item or not.
Cabin19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If she becomes labour leader and manages to lead them to a victory that puts her and Labour in number 10 she does deserve to have a town named after her!
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
It being a free vote is completely not the point, as whip I would still have to remind people vote (possibly multiple times) on absurd items like this. It's just a colossal waste of time, and is why joke items aren't sent to division anymore. I do suspect you plan on using this as grounds for a VoNC in the future, since you're not exactly part of the Andrew97 Fan Club.
Not the best place to share rumours based on private views
5ATB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aye.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
Not the best place to share rumours based on private views
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
"Nandy Town to acknowledge Rt Honourable Lisa Nandy's efforts to bring notoriety to the notoriety to the town of Wigan" is such a long town title :rofl:
It's so catchy!
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed