Arya003
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hi im going to uni next year and im kinda worried about leaving my family n friends behind and about how homesick im gonna be. just wanna know how bad it is for people..
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Arya003)
hi im going to uni next year and im kinda worried about leaving my family n friends behind and about how homesick im gonna be. just wanna know how bad it is for people..
It’s hard to say because it’ll be different for everyone! By and large I’d say my homesickness wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, because I kept busy with uni and societies and things. But when I did feel homesick, luckily it’s easier than ever to keep in contact with friends and family so they were only ever a text, call or snapchat away! Plus I planned visits to see people so I had those to look forward to
Arya003
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
It’s hard to say because it’ll be different for everyone! By and large I’d say my homesickness wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, because I kept busy with uni and societies and things. But when I did feel homesick, luckily it’s easier than ever to keep in contact with friends and family so they were only ever a text, call or snapchat away! Plus I planned visits to see people so I had those to look forward to
ok that's true i guess ima just try n keep myself busy and distracted so i don't feel homesick all the time
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Arya003)
Hey!

Don't worry, it's completely normal to feel homesick! So many people will be in the exact same boat.

I'd recommend joining a club or society when you start uni, it's a great way to meet new people and it'll give you something to do to distract you from feeling homesick. You could also take up a new hobby, be it blogging, reading, walking, baking...you'll find plenty to do on or off campus to help take your mind off it.

You'll soon settle in and hopefully stop feeling homesick, you can always keep in constant touch with family and friends and arrange to see them often, so you always have something to look forward to

Good luck with everything!

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (26)
14.53%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (50)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (73)
40.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.97%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.79%

Watched Threads