Shall i turn my notes into flashcards

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
in Y13 so exams in a few months but i just made some flashcards on a few topics . Manipulating genomes is a big topic and i have like 10 pages of notes on it , should i turn them into flash cards or just do exam questions ??
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
in Y13 so exams in a few months but i just made some flashcards on a few topics . Manipulating genomes is a big topic and i have like 10 pages of notes on it , should i turn them into flash cards or just do exam questions ??
potentially both? whichever has helped you best previously. Mind maps, flashcards etc can be a nice way to go over things and means you are actively doing something as opposed to reading over the same notes over and over which isn't particularly stimulating. But I would say exam questions are paramount.

Have a play around and see what works best
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
potentially both? whichever has helped you best previously. Mind maps, flashcards etc can be a nice way to go over things and means you are actively doing something as opposed to reading over the same notes over and over which isn't particularly stimulating. But I would say exam questions are paramount.

Have a play around and see what works best
Just made them I think it will help as I can do them on the bus and they're just portable anywhere I go
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
YES! This is personally my best way of revision, so it might be for you two. I make mindmaps of what I already know about a topic, then add things I didn't in a different colour, then test myself or make flashcards for new things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed