The Student Room Group

Hosting my first house party...

So, i am a quite reserved 16 yr old guy.
I am in the middle of planning my first house party and im not quite sure what to buy or what to wear. Or even if i should host it at my house.

If anyone can give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated.
where else were you planning to host a house party??
Reply 2
Original post by mpaprika
where else were you planning to host a house party??

It would probs be at some sort of air bnb in the area since it would be cheap-ish...
Reply 3
Original post by BiteWright
It would probs be at some sort of air bnb in the area since it would be cheap-ish...

16 is too young to rent an Airbnb and they are clamping down on parties being held. When you say 'your house' what have the family said about it?

You need to be careful that it's only invited guests you want at the party and not lots of hangers-on. No alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, no loud music, put away anything precious, which also leaves surfaces free for people to put down glasses and plates. Depending on numbers, do something like chilli, jacket potatoes and fillings or pizza, with garlic bread, salad, or party food like crisps, sausage rolls, Indian or Chinese starters. Disposable plates, cutlery and beakers saves breakages and washing-up.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
16 is too young to rent an Airbnb and they are clamping down on parties being held. When you say 'your house' what have the family said about it?

You need to be careful that it's only invited guests you want at the party and not lots of hangers-on. No alcohol, no smoking, no drugs, no loud music, put away anything precious, which also leaves surfaces free for people to put down glasses and plates. Depending on numbers, do something like chilli, jacket potatoes and fillings or pizza, with garlic bread, salad, or party food like crisps, sausage rolls, Indian or Chinese starters. Disposable plates, cutlery and beakers saves breakages and washing-up.

Thanks, my parents are fine with it being at home but again its the neignours that could cause an issue.
Original post by Surnia

Not being funny but what 16 year old is gonna want jacket potatoes at a party, not being funny get out the booze and have a good time with your mates, you aren’t 16 forever and have a good time mate
Reply 6
Original post by George1801
Not being funny but what 16 year old is gonna want jacket potatoes at a party, not being funny get out the booze and have a good time with your mates, you aren’t 16 forever and have a good time mate

And who is going to buy the booze and supervise minors drinking it at home, which is the law, and making sure it doesn't get out of control? Just what you want at a party, your parents hanging around.

I've done lots of parties for youngsters; party food, no alcohol ever involved and they've loved it.
Original post by BiteWright
So, i am a quite reserved 16 yr old guy.
I am in the middle of planning my first house party and im not quite sure what to buy or what to wear. Or even if i should host it at my house.

If anyone can give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Really depends on what normally happens with your group but id say:
-clear a room with some space for people to mingle and securely place in some speakers
-Place on another table (to avoid drinks spilling on speakers) mixer and some snacks ie crisps, sausage rolls, crackers...
-get like 25+ plastic cups
-try to move anything fragile/valuable out of harms way, get some extra paper towel for spilt drinks etc.

you can just wear like t-shirt & polo with jeans if your a guy, or just something casual if your a girl. All will be fine, just relax maybe get an extra loaf of bread for some toast for once the party is over and people need something to soak up whats in their stomachs...
Original post by Surnia
And who is going to buy the booze and supervise minors drinking it at home, which is the law, and making sure it doesn't get out of control? Just what you want at a party, your parents hanging around.

I've done lots of parties for youngsters; party food, no alcohol ever involved and they've loved it.

They definitely didn’t love it ahahaha and there’s always someone to buy alcohol for you, I get people from the streets to get it me and gave em some extra money
Original post by George1801
They definitely didn’t love it ahahaha and there’s always someone to buy alcohol for you, I get people from the streets to get it me and gave em some extra money

Really? im a few years past 18 now but im surprised this is successful, when I was 16 I just asked my parents or a cousin or a friends relative etc.

I would never just flag down a random person on the street, and if a 16/17 year old asked me now I would say no. I cant imagine this tactic works, I would rather just not buy it then have an extra fiver
Original post by mnot
Really? im a few years past 18 now but im surprised this is successful, when I was 16 I just asked my parents or a cousin or a friends relative etc.

I would never just flag down a random person on the street, and if a 16/17 year old asked me now I would say no. I cant imagine this tactic works, I would rather just not buy it then have an extra fiver

If you’re homeless you’ll obviously take a fiver would you not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending