The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Maths Department? ''Interviews to appli who offer skills derived from employments''?

''Interviews
We do not hold interviews except for applicants who offer skills derived from employment, and correspondingly fewer examinations. ''

May anyone explain this to me?:eek: What do they mean by 'skills derived from employment?' I work full time in a company as a clerk this summer, proper employment, so what? is that what they are talking about? and what derived skills do they expect to find out?:confused:
sounds its worse to state that u have done some jobs..otherwise u dont have to go for an interview then...
and what do they mean by correspondingly fewer examinations? there isnt an entry test right? so do they mean that they make lower offers to these candidates? or no need for STEP or AEA etc? anyone knows? thanks. lol.
Liliahh
''Interviews
We do not hold interviews except for applicants who offer skills derived from employment, and correspondingly fewer examinations. ''

Could anyone explain this to me?:eek: What do they mean by 'skills derived from employment?' I work full time in a company as a clerk this summer, proper employment, so what? is that what they are talking about? and what derived skills do they expect to find out?:confused: sounds its worse to state that u have done some jobs..otherwise u dont have to go for an interview then...
and what do they mean by correspondingly fewer examinations? there isnt an entry test right? so do they mean they maker lower offers? or no need for STEP or AEA etc? anyone knows? thanks. lol.

I'd assume they mean for people applying not straight from school, and who do not have A-levels (or very good A-levels), rather than those applying through the traditional route for starting immediately after sixth form.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I think it means for people who have (presumably through a significant amount of work, I don't think a summer job would count), gained knowledge roughly equivalent to what they'd have if they'd done normal A levels etc. As a <20yr old, I doubt you'd get out of STEP, or get a lower offer for this (I'd assume they'd treat you normal)
Probably means mature students I'm guessing, who don't make the grade because of all the recent grade inflation.

Latest

Trending

Trending