How do athletes manage their weight? Watch

SilenceOfTheLamb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So at the moment I am pretty much at the weight I want to be, minus a tiny bit of fat on my lower stomach but how do I stay at this weight when I work out every day? I burn so many calories, burning 1k calories is a lazy day for me, my usual is burning between half a pound to a pound in calories.

The obvious options are to A, work out less or B, eat more. With option A, I can't as I have big plans and with option B I already do eat a lot, if I was to increase that I would be stuffing myself to a point of feeling sick and wouldn't be able to work out as a result so I'm stuck.

I am losing weight ridiculously quickly now I have good fitness to a point where I am worrying I will soon fall underweight. How on earth do athletes manage their weights? because I am sure professional athletes go at it harder then I currently do.

I can just see myself getting too small, for example my arms look really thin as all the fat is gone from them and they don't look nice at all, I actually preferred my arms before. I have a really high metabolism and am rubbish at building muscle, I am beginning to get too small and don't want to stop my work outs, if anything I want to get fitter and increase. What should I do to have a higher calorie intake, drink twice as many protein shakes?
JMHurrell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SilenceOfTheLamb)
So at the moment I am pretty much at the weight I want to be, minus a tiny bit of fat on my lower stomach but how do I stay at this weight when I work out every day? I burn so many calories, burning 1k calories is a lazy day for me, my usual is burning between half a pound to a pound in calories.

The obvious options are to A, work out less or B, eat more. With option A, I can't as I have big plans and with option B I already do eat a lot, if I was to increase that I would be stuffing myself to a point of feeling sick and wouldn't be able to work out as a result so I'm stuck.

I am losing weight ridiculously quickly now I have good fitness to a point where I am worrying I will soon fall underweight. How on earth do athletes manage their weights? because I am sure professional athletes go at it harder then I currently do.

I can just see myself getting too small, for example my arms look really thin as all the fat is gone from them and they don't look nice at all, I actually preferred my arms before. I have a really high metabolism and am rubbish at building muscle, I am beginning to get too small and don't want to stop my work outs, if anything I want to get fitter and increase. What should I do to have a higher calorie intake, drink twice as many protein shakes?
Hiya, I would advice you to eat more "fatty foods", ones that have the most calories in. Adult males should intake 2,000-2,500 calories a day. I believe that you are not getting enough calorie intake. You could just "bulk" which is avoiding cardiovascular endurance equipment and focus on gaining muscle. As muscle weighs more than fat as it is more dense. I would advice you to "bulk" for a couple weeks. Then go back to doing the gym more frequently therefore, this means that the fat will turn into muscle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads