Got flashed after going through Amber light Watch

amylouise2102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Not sure if any of you are aware where this is but I was driving home last night through Gateshead, going along the felling bypass. There’s a pretty big junction and the light was on Amber. In order to stop I would have had to do an emergency stop so I went through the Amber light (Was doing between 35-38mph on 40mph speed limit). I must have been in the junction when the lights turned to red because the long distance traffic light flashed me as I went past. Does anyone have any advice as I’m panicking that I’ll end up getting points on my license, even though the light was not red when I passed it
Last edited by amylouise2102; 3 weeks ago
amylouise2102
Rep:
?
Name:  905CF7AB-4E32-4041-B224-F26F02050645.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  71.3 KB

I’ve attached a photo of the lights I mean, the one in yellow is the light I passed on Amber and the one in pink is the camera that flashed
Not sure if it flashed me or a car on the other side of the road (I was in the left hand lane)
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When you're flashed by a traffic light camera the flash doesn't come out of the traffic light itself - it comes out of a box that's behind you.

some examples here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...518&highlight=
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you've already cleared the 1st light before the 2nd goes red, you wouldn't get hit by passing the 2nd whilst it's red unless there's another stop line due to a ped crossing (which there isn't in this case). General rule of thumb when approaching any junction or a green from a distance is to take your foot of the gas or slow down and anticipate it changing, then you won't be in a position where it's slam on the breaks or clear it before it goes red.
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Traffic lights don't flash you. A RLC does which isn't mounted on a traffic light. It's irrelevant though as you didn't go through on a red anyway. So no need to be worried.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by amylouise2102)
Not sure if any of you are aware where this is but I was driving home last night through Gateshead, going along the felling bypass. There’s a pretty big junction and the light was on Amber. In order to stop I would have had to do an emergency stop so I went through the Amber light (Was doing between 35-38mph on 40mph speed limit). I must have been in the junction when the lights turned to red because the long distance traffic light flashed me as I went past. Does anyone have any advice as I’m panicking that I’ll end up getting points on my license, even though the light was not red when I passed it
There isn't a camera on that junction.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Give us the streetview link
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Give us the streetview link
No need. I know the area well.

It's why I said "There isn't a camera on that junction".
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you sure theres a camera there though? Check on Waze.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThuggerThugger)
Are you sure theres a camera there though? Check on Waze.
There isn't.
amylouise2102
Rep:
?
Looks like the camera is further up the road at a different set of lights, anyone have any idea what might have flashed on the traffic light if there’s no camera there? X
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Looks like the camera is further up the road at a different set of lights, anyone have any idea what might have flashed on the traffic light if there’s no camera there? X
Reflection from headlights? There's nothing there to flash - I drive down there regularly.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Drove down there tonight - headlights were reflecting off the sensors depending on how you looked at them. That's probably what you saw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (493)
59.61%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.2%
No- I want it (235)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.77%

Watched Threads