_gore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey all,

I am 19 yo and received an uncon. offer by both Birkbeck and University of West London.

The one thing that I'm afraid of going to Birkbeck (History and International Relations) is that I probably won't have a classical student life, because of the majorliy older/working audience and the evening lectures. On the other hand, the course I got accepted on at UWL is Politics and International Relations with foundation, which I would prefer avoiding having an additional year to pay for (EU-Applicant).

Does anyone have experience with the educational skills of both universities and how the tutors individually engage with their students?
What would you decide for?
CcfUk2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As someone currently studying at Birkbeck (1st year Linguistics and Japanese), I'd say go for UWL. I can't recommend Birkbeck for the social life. Also, it seems like UWL as better facilities - Bikbeck's library for example seems to small for all the students - during weekdays it's difficult to find a spare computer to do work. But I think Bikbeck is alright for a uni. Just think it could be a lot better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed