is Lotso the bear from Toy Story 3 a good villain?

Watch
joegoldberg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my girlfriend charlotte told me that he was a better villain than any classic horror villains. we had strong words. let me know what ya think
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by joegoldberg)
my girlfriend charlotte told me that he was a better villain than any classic horror villains. we had strong words. let me know what ya think
I think Lotso is a decent villain. Sometimes best villains are those that have a genuinely heartbreaking backstory-because then you can understand and sympathise with them-though I get that's the antithesis of how you are meant to feel towards a villain. I think in this case you can see that Lotso had a lot of emotional pain that he ultimately decided to exercise by being an uncaring and manipulating character. We can see elements of Lotso in everyday people-heck I see it in my younger brother because I wasn't very nice to him when we were children-I have a medical condition which (when I was a kid) was perhaps responsible for my nastiness, which turned him into a nasty piece of work as a teenager and he has upheld an aggressive bent to his behaviour since he felt strong enough to turn the tables on me. As it is a Pixar film, the type of villain Lotso is plays fittingly into the confines of a U or PG rating-and actually has better depth than you'll find in many mature films animation or otherwise.
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
he's certainly a good twist villain and im just going to leave you this
joegoldberg
Rep:
?
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
I think Lotso is a decent villain. Sometimes best villains are those that have a genuinely heartbreaking backstory-because then you can understand and sympathise with them-though I get that's the antithesis of how you are meant to feel towards a villain. I think in this case you can see that Lotso had a lot of emotional pain that he ultimately decided to exercise by being an uncaring and manipulating character. We can see elements of Lotso in everyday people-heck I see it in my younger brother because I wasn't very nice to him when we were children-I have a medical condition which (when I was a kid) was perhaps responsible for my nastiness, which turned him into a nasty piece of work as a teenager and he has upheld an aggressive bent to his behaviour since he felt strong enough to turn the tables on me. As it is a Pixar film, the type of villain Lotso is plays fittingly into the confines of a U or PG rating-and actually has better depth than you'll find in many mature films animation or otherwise.
what is your medical condition? maybe my girlfriend has the same and that is why you both see this in Lotso. i think i am onto something here...
joegoldberg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
he's certainly a good twist villain and im just going to leave you this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what is your medical condition? maybe my girlfriend has the same and that is why you both see this in Lotso. i think i am onto something here...
Uhh I don't know where you're coming from there but my medical condition is hydrocephalus.
joegoldberg
Rep:
?
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Uhh I don't know where you're coming from there but my medical condition is hydrocephalus.
Ahh i see, thankyou for that. Would you argue that Lotso is forgiveable?
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh i see, thankyou for that. Would you argue that Lotso is forgiveable?
I think Lotso is forgivable because I believe the formative self can shine through.
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i loathe you for this but i legally have to say that caught me off guard, well done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (122)
15.64%
Uncertainty around my education (126)
16.15%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.23%
Isolating with family (52)
6.67%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (31)
3.97%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.46%
Loneliness (83)
10.64%
Financial worries (33)
4.23%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (71)
9.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.36%

Watched Threads