Blobooo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
This is question
Read following information about how small intestine absorbs glucose: glucose molecules are absorbed more quickly than xylose molecules but r same size. 50% higher oxygen uptake when in presence of glucose in the small intestine than when absent. Cells lining small intestine have many mitrochondria
Explain how this information provides evidence glucose is absorbed by small intestine using active transport
izaakha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
This question is just asking you to pick out the evidence from the information. So, it is asking for evidence of active transport, ATP (energy) is required for active transport, so therefore mitochondria (this organelle forms releases the energy from the ATP) will be present. Also, the reason why the oxygen rate is increased in the presence of glucose is because oxygen is needed for respiration - producing the ATP. I think that is all it is asking for. What is the mark?

Are you doing GCSE or A-level at the moment, as glucose isn't directly absorbed by active transport; it is absorbed by co-transport - let me know and I can explain?

If you don't understand, just let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads